$Freeroll NLHE MTT: flopped straight with straight flush draw..Is this a cooler or expected?

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT: flopped straight with straight flush draw..Is this a cooler or expected?

Get 2 callers for my flopped straight and FD

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds 25 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (MP1) (t6,145)
MP2 (t41,709)
MP3 (t4,990)
CO (t23,147)
Button (t1,222)
SB (t13,815)
BB (t16,810)
UTG (t42,450)
UTG+1 (t2,755)

Hero's M: 11.70

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9
diamond.gif
, J
diamond.gif

UTG calls t200, 1 fold, Hero raises to t600, 1 fold, MP3 calls t600, 4 folds, UTG calls t400

Flop: (t2,325) 8
spade.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
, 10
diamond.gif
(3 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets t1,200, MP3 calls t1,200, UTG calls t1,200

Turn: (t5,925) 6
spade.gif
(3 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets t3,165 (All-In), UTG calls t3,165, Hero raises to t4,320 (All-In), UTG calls t1,155

River: (t17,730) 10
spade.gif
(3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t17,730

Results below:
UTG had K
heart.gif
, 9
spade.gif
(straight, ten high).
Hero had 9
diamond.gif
, J
diamond.gif
(straight, Jack high).
MP3 had A
spade.gif
, J
spade.gif
(flush, Ace high).
Outcome: Hero won t2,310, MP3 won t15,420

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard freeroll hand. You flopped the nuts and they both had draws and some overcards. They will come along.

Bad outcome, unlucky for you.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typically, with this stack, you should fold this, especially in a freeroll where your isolation raises aren't going to get any respect. You got super lucky to hit the flop you did, but ideally with a 20bb stack you're going to want to sit back and wait for a much better hand to get it in with.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre-. Raising to isolate a limper with 8 players still to act in a freeroll field that probably has a lot of people who call fairly loosely pre- just isn't very appealing.

As played, I bet more on the flop. How many customers are you likely to lose by making it say 1400 or 1500? Few if any. So charge anyone who's drawing more to do so. Plus if you only get one caller, your stack is a natural size relative to the pot for you to shove the turn.

Also as played, shove the turn. If both opponents fold, you add about 2/3 to your stack. If either or both call, fine. If you go for the check raise, you give them the chance to check behind on a board where the turn card makes for more possible draws - not just the two flush draws, but also sets.

If you check and someone does bet, so what? How many hands will bet that would have folded if you had shoved? Some maybe, but probably not many. So considering this plus the draws that can beat you, why go for the fancy play?

You probably lose the max anyway, but the only way to avoid that is to make a better decision by folding pre-.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With J9s I don't raise pre flop. Sometimes I only call this hand to see cheaply the flop.
As played - the flop is ok IMO. The turn - why you slow play it on the turn and only check? You have the best hand, but with 2 players in this hand. I don't see a reason to slow play, I don't want to give them a free card, especially where is second FD. So on the turn I play bet at least 1/2 pot obligatorily :)

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have only 30bb, 9Js marginal hand, if play this hand I'm more inclined raise 6-7 bb what get 1 caller not more or shove this hand in preflop if will raise . But your raise very small 3bb , always u get 3-4 callers, and in flop In many cases, u have top pair with bad kicker or second pair..

Change bet sizing, that the flop was not difficult situations , because many flop u get AJ5 K98 1052 and 3-4 caller.
As many have said here u need fold,( it is an easy option) but if you play this hand this not mistake, it is necessary to increase stack, because when will good hand the stack will remain 18BB.
Call not considered, for the reasons I said above

Two options: FOLD OR RAISE 6BB

Full Flush Poker