$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Doubt push or fold 6bb.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mates, I have doubt about this hand.
6bb mp1, I wasn't sure if it's push, in btn I wouldn't have hesitated, and I would have done push, but in mp1 I have doubts if it's push, I think I made a mistake, because it was push,, what do you guys think.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/8qcAQLC

Merry Christmas and many final tables. :D ;)

I

ilostmysoul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a push. I don't even need to make this a subjective opinion, I'll just put all the blind and stack info into an ICM calculator. Since I don't have the prize pool info it's only calculating the cEV, but it's still a push. It would be a push no matter the prize pool unless you were in the bubble I think.

Here's your push range:

27.3%, 22+ A2s+ A7o+ A5o K7s+ KTo+ Q8s+ QTo+ J8s+ JTo T8s+ 98s 87s

Any pocket pair first to open tends to be a shove after you're short stacked

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6bb mp1, I wasn't sure if it's push, in btn I wouldn't have hesitated, and I would have done push, but in mp1 I have doubts if it's push, I think I made a mistake, because it was push,, what do you guys think.

In that position would shove 72 steal those blinds to be honest tight fold.:eek:

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a push. I don't even need to make this a subjective opinion, I'll just put all the blind and stack info into an ICM calculator. Since I don't have the prize pool info it's only calculating the cEV, but it's still a push. It would be a push no matter the prize pool unless you were in the bubble I think.
Here's your push range:
27.3%, 22+ A2s+ A7o+ A5o K7s+ KTo+ Q8s+ QTo+ J8s+ JTo T8s+ 98s 87s
Any pocket pair first to open tends to be a shove after you're short stacked
If you're right.:rolleyes:
In that position would shove 72 steal those blinds to be honest tight fold.:eek:

If you're right, I was very tight in that fold, but that's what this forum is for correcting mistakes.;)
Although 72 I'm not sure.:D :p

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Even though you have probably close to zero fold equity (although not always.. 'it depends'), this is for sure a shove here.
If you want, I could give you a shove chart for MTT's

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Looking on an old chart I have on my desk... I believe this is w/o antes It says you should be shoving 32.7%
Which would look something like this >

Attachments

• 6.5bb.jpg
    6.5bb.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 19
ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even though you have probably close to zero fold equity (although not always.. 'it depends'), this is for sure a shove here.
If you want, I could give you a shove chart for MTT's
Of course, if you can send it to me, thank you very much.;)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Of course, if you can send it to me, thank you very much.;)

It's printed out with pen & paper. I'll take a picture of it & send it to you. (it's probably going to have to wait until I get back home after the Holidays... next weekend. Please remind me if I forget.).

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's printed out with pen & paper. I'll take a picture of it & send it to you. (it's probably going to have to wait until I get back home after the Holidays... next weekend. Please remind me if I forget.).

Ok, thanks, I will.
Good trip.:cool:

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are the second shortest stack at the table - if the pay jump is significant then we can fold and look for a better spot - if not, then we should be shoving EVERY pair with 6bb. :)

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

It was hard to me too. You havent (I would thought) fold equity against big blind and excepting the big blind and UTG, you can reach all other players in your table winning one all in. In another hand, you have just 6bb, you are already dead, I think you have to chose you priorities on that tourney and shove or fold correctly in accord your plan.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most of cases it is easy push. You may fold in the ICM situations

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think it can go either way ( if you're not a computer ). These spots are so tight - studying really pays off at a time like that. I had a similar situation where I had 9 BB UTG with 44 at a final table and I nit folded.... next hand on BB with KJ maybe 8 BB's or whatever due to ante and I still didn't want to call a shove.

God bless the players that have the patience to study as much as they play.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking on an old chart I have on my desk... I believe this is w/o antes It says you should be shoving 32.7%
Which would look something like this >

Is that unopened mid position less than 10bb ???
Then I'm even tighter than you lol 😱.
It's only nuances though.

To OP: Yeah generally <10BB any pair unopened shove.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s an easy push.

Could someone share a good online ICM tool to use on the fly?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thanks for posting.

Without using the push fold chart we need to think how likely can we get any folds?

The first thing we should notice is our villains stack sizes. In this spot our shove puts a lot of pressure on everyone behind us except the BB. The BB's stack size also puts pressure on the mid stacks because BB cannot go broke, so if they call wide they risk BB waking up with a hand.

So a shove here seems to be a good spot just based on table dynamics alone.

Hope this helps

:):)

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

with 6bb I would shove any pair any Position if I'm first to act.
Maybe fold it UTG on a LAG table

Folding in Poker