$Freeroll NLHE MTT: defending BB with Q8s

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

SB (t1,180)
Hero (BB) (t4,619)
UTG (t1,399)
UTG+1 (t2,030)
MP1 (t5,143)
MP2 (t2,010)
CO (t4,275)
Button (t1,030)

Hero's M: 30.79

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q
spade.gif
, 8
spade.gif

2 folds, MP1 raises to t200, 3 folds, SB calls t150, Hero calls t100

Flop: (t600) 5
heart.gif
, 8
heart.gif
, 4
diamond.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t300, MP1 calls t300, 1 fold

Turn: (t1,200) 10
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t600, MP1 raises to t2,000, Hero raises to t4,119 (All-In), MP1 calls t2,119

River: (t9,438) Q
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t9,438

Results below:
Hero had Q
spade.gif
, 8
spade.gif
(two pair, Queens and eights).
MP1 had 7
heart.gif
, 9
heart.gif
(high card, Queen).
Outcome: Hero won t9,438

Hello guys, it was CC freeroll. Here I have 46bb, I am second stack on table and I decided to defend a bb. My opponent is chiplider at this table. On the turn I was thinking that opponent bluff me, because he likes raising or 3betting. I decide to risk and 3bet all in him. But I know that was very risky and crazy move. What do you think about this hand? I won but it was close to lose.

Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is made ​​of risky moves. I like your move, if you had read this bluff u do right.

topper39

topper39

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First thing is that I wouldn't even defend my BB here.
And I think it's fold on the turn if villian isn't real maniac or something. I don't even see much fold equity in your 3bet shove. There are lot of draws villian can be raising againts which you're slighty ahead, but I'm probably still folding to his raise. You don't have to necessarily risk your whole stack in such a marginal spot.
On the other hand, I don't think your play is really bad. I like it, if you had some really good read on this villain. It's quite tough hand.

DevilMe03

DevilMe03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all i would like to clear out that your opponent was not bluffing per se and was right in his play. He is a big favourite in this hand and you were the lucky one here that he didnt caught his outs.
I am more inclined towards a fold preflop here. Bet on the flop is good. Turn bet is fine but shoving here is not a good play. You have a nice stack and its better to wait for better spots than this.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, I'd say first you don't need to be in this pot at all with the table chip leader. pick on some medium stacks.

Once you're in the hand, I think the flop bet is fine.

Once he calls your flop bet, you have to practice pot control. There is a long way to the river, and a long time left in the tourney that you don't want to be clashing with the chip leader in huge pots.

so, you think he wants to bluff you? check/call him on the turn.

if the river is a brick you can check to induce a bluff and call him with a bluff catcher in a nice medium pot.

if the river completes the draw, you can check fold.

If the river improves your hand (like this river) you have to quickly decide if you think he has a busted draw, or a top pair kind of hand. If you think he has a busted draw, go for the check raise cuz he'll just fold if you bet out.

If you think he has a real hand, make a nice sized value bet.

don't be in a hurry to end hands on the flop, just because you're ahead on the flop.