$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked Turbo: Call or fold ? Weekly $300 freeroll

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, weekly freeroll $300 . No stats for player. Preflop limp player, i'm limp too. flop small bet, i call. Should we fold here or call ? Player is aggressive. About 120 players left

https://ibb.co/fk9vQCw

Last edited:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure if I am gathering everything right from the screenshot but it looks like the villain is massively overbetting the pot and they have us covered. Given we only have mid pair top kicker and have no backdoors, I think this is a fold. I am also assuming from the stacks that we are not at 10BB or less here but are 41BB if we fold. Straights could have got there plus there can be any number of hands that are out there that beat us. I would just fold here and move on.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold here. It's a very coordinated board and overbets often mean a strong hand looking to get protection. Second pair is too weak to make this call unless you have a read that your opponent is a maniac.

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough break when the 7 hits the flop. cards in middle gap bought big equity. with your opponent jamming big Id probably fold. But be aware of this type action

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
A8s dont play that amazingly well postflop, unless you specifically flop a flushdraw, and its easily good enough to isolate a limper, when you have the best seat on the table. So make it 4-4,5BB and go from there.

Flop
With second pair you obviously have to call a small bet. If it was heads-up, and the bet was very small, you could even consider raising. But since you limped behind, you let at least one player from the blinds into the hand as well, and then this hand is just a call.

Turn
As played a very easy fold. Even if I somehow arrived here with a hand like KQ, I would seriously consider folding it to this action. He is making a massive overbet, and this mean, he has a big hand and wants to get paid. Like "LOL I turned the nut straight, I am all in!!!" Or he is panicking about draws and looking to "protect" a big hand like a set or two pair. It really is that simple, yet a lot of people continue to level themselfes against this kind of line.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That looks like a pretty clear fold there.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An incredibly big bet on the turn. Think about your opponent's cards. A small bet on the flop could mean a weak pair or a straight draw. But the T9 or 54 hands are great here. There's no point in scaring you with such a huge bet. The opponent is clearly afraid of the river. In my opinion, he has 67 or 78 and you should fold.

Folding in Poker