$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: straight on the flop - slow play or no?

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker stars No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Hero (UTG+1) (t1,360)
MP1 (t1,765)
MP2 (t2,976)
MP3 (t1,473)
CO (t2,453)
Button (t1,257)
SB (t1,093)
BB (t1,395)
UTG (t1,173)

Hero's M: 18.13

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J
diamond.gif
, 10
diamond.gif

UTG raises t100, Hero calls t100, 2 folds, MP3 calls t100, CO calls t100, 1 fold, SB calls t75, 1 fold

Flop: (t550) 9
diamond.gif
, 8
heart.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
(5 players)
SB checks, UTG bets t200, Hero raises t500, 4 folds

Total pot: t950

Results below:
Hero had J
diamond.gif
, 10
diamond.gif
Outcome: Hero won t950

Is is a CC freeroll. How you play this hand on this board?

DevilMe03

DevilMe03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should call here inducing other players behind you to give some action too. Also you have a straight flush draw so you should not be afraid of many cards. You are in best spot here and could slowplay and let other players to catch some cards to maximaze your chips.

J

jackaoliver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played it alright, you only have a J high flush draw and so if another diamond that doesnt give you the straight flush comes then you can be dominated. Therfore you could say that you may be able to get more chips by slow playing but there is a risk of you lossing lots of chips. Do you have any information on the villain? he min raises pre so could be on a weak hand. i dont think he is folding his draws here as he is getting over 3:1 on a call on pot odds plus the implied odds, therfore your raise was correct as you would be getting value from these drawing hands. slow playing can be dangerous if there are draws. well played

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UTG vpip 18, pfr 11, flop c-bet 100 (44hands) It is CC freeroll, there play about 40 players, generally people play tight.

Last edited:

1bollywood1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in this case , i usualy let the lead and just call . sure there's some scary cards but prefer to raise on turn to grow up the pot without diamonds...

mlvn

mlvn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
all depends on BI, where u play with some good regular bet is good in my opinion cause almost never reg folded after flop, cause he has some plan yet before hand,

but in freeroll i definetely slow-played that strong hand

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a quick question, in regards to your re raise on the flop, was it like an auto re raise on flop or did you actually take your time to re raise on the flop? I only ask just to know (as it would help understand the hand and how it played out more)..

Also what was your image of yourself to the table? Were you looser than the rest, did the rest only see you playing tight? Exactly what was your perceived image to the rest of the table?

As for the hand it-self, I personally don't like the way it played out, assuming you were a laggy type player than I could see a re raise on that flop being called but seeing as you did that re-raise and didn't get a caller makes me thing you were playing very snug and weren't really acting out of line without the goods and thus that lead to ppl to fold to your monster hands..

I myself don't like the play with that hand, I mean only turn that really hurts your hand would be a 10 (no diamond), as that could bring JQ, and AJ for the chop but other than that I feel that this is such a monster hand that you could've flatted 1 time and let someone behind you act up and thus trapped them nicely, but it happened oh well..

Nh and flop for sure though

S

somersetlad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call them down flop and turn and put a confusing weird bet on the river

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have a monster that shouldnt be scared of too many cards peeling off. Even if a scary card does run out there will still be alot more times they dont have it than they do. Plus youre blocking 3 dimonds so that isn't a big concern either. most of the time your opponent isn't going to have any hand worth coninuing after you raise him and with all the people still behind you this play shows alot of strength.

T

TrevVegas

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would push all in already hav straight, plus flush draw straight flush draw, not many diamonds left if he has AQ or AK figure u hav 2 diamonds 2 on flop is 4 raiser maybe 2 is 6 count other players for 1 at least. So 6 diamonds left 2 cards to come. No more diamonds turn or river or if he has trips hope the best the board doesn't pair. But still I would push put pressure back on him. If he has neither split pot 10 j if he has same hand

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would push all in already hav straight, plus flush draw straight flush draw, not many diamonds left if he has AQ or AK figure u hav 2 diamonds 2 on flop is 4 raiser maybe 2 is 6 count other players for 1 at least. So 6 diamonds left 2 cards to come. No more diamonds turn or river or if he has trips hope the best the board doesn't pair. But still I would push put pressure back on him. If he has neither split pot 10 j if he has same hand

Why would you want to shove A.I and lose them? When you're the one holding the nuts+Absolute nut redraw hand? I don't understand your logic at all.Are you trying to win the minimum or the maximum? Are you afraid that you could potentially lose the hand and that's why your advocating to shove A.I? I don't follow at all

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a quick question, in regards to your re raise on the flop, was it like an auto re raise on flop or did you actually take your time to re raise on the flop? I only ask just to know (as it would help understand the hand and how it played out more)..

Also what was your image of yourself to the table? Were you looser than the rest, did the rest only see you playing tight? Exactly what was your perceived image to the rest of the table?

Hi, I took my time about - 5 seconds. My image was tight, but it was 25/50 blinds, it was 3 level so I can't say about image too much. I thought that players were tight.

Bowman26

Bowman26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like a perfect wait and bait just allowing others to play into you kind of hand. Unless I am on the bad end of that flush draw or straight I am not going to try and run everyone off all at once and get some value out of the hand. Already got the nuts and lots of cards to improve it so no need to be overly aggressive unless others earlier play calls for it.

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with UTG putting in a cbet, I would just call as most often he didn't connect . So I would just call. He is not calling you if doesn't have a much stronger hand.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You've a monster. And there are 6 outs for any flush drawer, I would play slow. Again you are 3:1 dog against a flush drawer. So, clearly not a raise here.

If you were representing a 9, it would have been a great play. But for that you need to establish such an image, but freeroll's nobody cares about image..so....

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You scared away the whole table and tbh you really scream JT here (set or some superdraw with pair is possible as well)
,but really top of possible ranges

Call and hope more people will put in more money.