$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: SB vs BB

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

SB (t6,195)
Hero (BB) (t3,740)
UTG (t5,290)
MP (t2,625)
CO (t1,770)
Button (t3,110)

Hero's M: 12.47

Preflop: Hero is BB with J
spade.gif
, Q
spade.gif

4 folds, SB raises to t600, Hero calls t400

Flop: (t1,200) 7
diamond.gif
, 6
club.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(2 players)
SB bets t400, Hero calls t400

Turn: (t2,000) 9
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB bets t200, Hero raises to t700, SB raises to t1,400, Hero raises to t2,740 (All-In), SB calls t1,340

River: (t7,480) A
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t7,480

Results below:
SB had 10
club.gif
, 8
spade.gif
(straight, ten high).
Hero had J
spade.gif
, Q
spade.gif
(one pair, Queens).
Outcome: SB won t7,480

CC freeroll , about 19 players in game. What do you think? I'm devastated. I have no idea what I should think about this hand. It hurts.

J

jackaoliver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SB is playing initially to try and steal your blind. then c bets on the flop hoping to take the pot when you miss which is most of the time. You have to think what he is 3 betting you with on the turn, a better Q is possible plus a set, flush draw/straight draw. even hands like Q9 etc. you are most probablly behind when he 3 bets you here unless you have some sort of read on him. i personally would of jammed pre as it puts him under so much pressure and gets him to fold these types of hands.

Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds war situation, i believe no exist check here, shove or fold. But have too analize ICM, how many missing to money?

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
12 players was in cash

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Agreed with Jack, with <20BB I would have shoved pre. There's not much out there you're scared of, if villain has AT or lower kicker you're not behind by much. With pairs TT or lower it's pretty much a straight flip. If the villain turns over AK or AA, that's the way it goes, try again next time. I'm not a fan of QJs postflop, it's so hard to actually flop a straight or flush. If you miss and there's A, K, or a pair on the board, it's very hard to continue if the villain is betting into you. If you flop a draw then good players will make you pay to chase it.

You still need 7 players to bust before the money, your stack isn't that big and you have to stop the rats from nibbling away at it or you will bubble out.

S

stefffan1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
He was semi-bluffing preflop and on flop. He was lucky ,very very lucky. Sorry for you man , but it happens. You have to get over it.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for opinions, it helps me.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
1) don't show the results of the hand (just show up til' your turn to act)

This is player read dependant imo.... with the amount in the middle & effective stack sizes I'm probably just shoving allin over their cbet (if I'd chosen to 'call' preflop BvB on these stack sizes < depending on player... I might just be 3bai preflop in this spot).

DevilMe03

DevilMe03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am inclined towards shoving preflop beacause you have a strong hand here. The problem with calling is that in blinds vs blinds situations ranges are very wide. So postflop it is very difficult to gauge strength of opponents.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop shove is a clear favorite. But even post flop, when he bets 400 for a pot of 1200, doesn't it raise an alarm, with flush and straight draw possibility, he's giving the right odds to call and that too with a stack double yours? Too much confusion, I would have jammed then and there.