Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've been losing some hands like this! post flop comes the connectors, when betting the probable pit the villain would call, so I went to Al, what would you do:icon_puke
*********** # 1 **************
pokerstars Hand # 217032930455: Tournament # 2969842604, $ 4.90 + $ 0.60 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (125/250) - 2020/08/02 2:20:16 ET
Table '2969842604 3' 9-max Seat # 1 is the button
Seat 1: Beaves89 (15810 in chips)
Seat 2: zoologikos (24902 in tokens)
Seat 3: Andrey5390 (32118 in chips)
Seat 4: lunafrow47 (19345 in chips)
Seat 5: CobraD'agua5 (9970 in chips)
Seat 6: fininhofutsal10 (8506 in chips)
Seat 7: rast1995 (28945 in chips)
Seat 8: PLAYHARD-AA5 (10615 in chips)
Seat 9: foddasseee (17517 in chips)
Beaves89: place before 30
zoologikos: place before 30
Andrey5390: places before 30
lunafrow47: place before 30
CobraD'agua5: places before 30
fininhofutsal10: place before 30
rast1995: place before 30
PLAYHARD-AA5: place before 30
foddasseee: put before 30
zoologikos: pay the small blind 125
Andrey5390: calls the big blind 250
*** HAND LETTERS ***
foddasseee receives [Ac As]
lunafrow47: give up
CobraD'agua5: give up
fininhofutsal10: give up
rast1995: give up
PLAYHARD-AA5: equals 250
foddasseee: increases 395 to 645
Beaves89: equals 645
zoologikos: increases 2105 to 2750
Andrey5390: give up
PLAYHARD-AA5: give up
foddasseee: increases 2605 to 5355
Beaves89: give up
zoologikos: equals 2605
*** FLOP *** [9h 3ds]
zoologikos: pass
foddasseee: bet 4250
zoologikos: equals 4250
*** TURN *** [9h 3ds] 9♣
zoologikos: passes
foddasseee: bet 7882 and are all-in
zoologikos: equals 7882
*** RIVER *** [9h Js 3d 9c] Q♥
*** SHOW DOWN ***
zoologikos: show [Qc Qd] (Full House, Lady with Nine):2in1:

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This hand isn't showing up too easy to read, but it was definitely just a bad beat when you get it in and lose to the river there.

The key idea in spots like this is the stack-to-pot ratio. When the pot is huge compared to the effective remaining stack at the flop, you should pretty much always be getting it in at the flop or turn.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This hand isn't showing up too easy to read, but it was definitely just a bad beat when you get it in and lose to the river there.

The key idea in spots like this is the stack-to-pot ratio. When the pot is huge compared to the effective remaining stack at the flop, you should pretty much always be getting it in at the flop or turn.
like on the River? ... because if there was no post-flop bet he could have hit Straight or a smaller pair; controlling the pot is out of the question

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Your initial open is way to small. It almost looks like, you forgot, there was a limper in the pot. 4-5BB is the best size to use in a situation like this. You want to make people pay to see a flop and avoid large multiway pots, where your aces are more likely to get cracked, and you put yourself in a reverse implied odds situation. The 4-bet size is, I guess, fine. You cant go larger without committing yourself to the pot, and you are a bit deep to 4-bet jam.

Flop
Standard C-bet for value although you could also check and allow him to bluff with a hand like AK.

Turn
Standard jam. The paired board is largely irrelevant, since nobody should have a 9 in a 4-bet pot. You are trying to stack specifically QQ or KK, which is exactly, what he had.

Results
Just a bad beat story really. Your aces got cracked, cry me a river. Cant even blame the Villain for, how he played his QQ. If you have QQ, and he have AA, all the chips also go in the middle, and 1 in 5 times you crack his aces. Spots like these are a neutral EV wash in the long run, so they are not even worth worrying about.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree mostly with fundiver. I also think that your pre flop raise should be a little bigger, at least 4x, even 5x will be good. Here met two monster hands and on low flop you and your opponent will go allin. If you have pocket QQ+ you should play 4bet pre flop, because those free pocket pair play very good usually on the flop and if on this stack we play allin pre flop, we can lose some value from this hand. If you will have Ako as a big stack, better is playing 4bet allin and press on your opponents. With Ako against 3bet pre flop, I learnt playing allin as a big stack and I can recommend this move, it is worth to risk, because opponent call our allin only with monster and usually we win a pot without showdown. GL :)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think each of you thought your hand was better before the showdown. There is a chance that if you had the opponent's cards, you would have acted the same way. Even an all-in on the flop would have led to a call. It was inevitable.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just

Preflop
Your initial open is way to small. It almost looks like, you forgot, there was a limper in the pot. 4-5BB is the best size to use in a situation like this. You want to make people pay to see a flop and avoid large multiway pots, where your aces are more likely to get cracked, and you put yourself in a reverse implied odds situation. The 4-bet size is, I guess, fine. You cant go larger without committing yourself to the pot, and you are a bit deep to 4-bet jam.

Flop
Standard C-bet for value although you could also check and allow him to bluff with a hand like AK.

Turn
Standard jam. The paired board is largely irrelevant, since nobody should have a 9 in a 4-bet pot. You are trying to stack specifically QQ or KK, which is exactly, what he had.

Results
Just a bad beat story really. Your aces got cracked, cry me a river. Cant even blame the Villain for, how he played his QQ. If you have QQ, and he have AA, all the chips also go in the middle, and 1 in 5 times you crack his aces. Spots like these are a neutral EV wash in the long run, so they are not even worth worrying about.

Your readings are good.

:wavey: I do not see a check situation, with a couple of the villain. could have 10'10 or be near a straight, as it happened he shoots a crack there in the last letter 'if he comes back all in me any circumstance in a round x1 the hero, call without thinking

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Tyme of turney

Hello, I agree mostly with fundiver. I also think that your pre flop raise should be a little bigger, at least 4x, even 5x will be good. Here met two monster hands and on low flop you and your opponent will go allin. If you have pocket QQ+ you should play 4bet pre flop, because those free pocket pair play very good usually on the flop and if on this stack we play allin pre flop, we can lose some value from this hand. If you will have Ako as a big stack, better is playing 4bet allin and press on your opponents. With Ako against 3bet pre flop, I learnt playing allin as a big stack and I can recommend this move, it is worth to risk, because opponent call our allin only with monster and usually we win a pot without showdown. GL :)

W:jd4:hen entering a ring betting 4'5x the villain will soon know that you have a good hand 'soon the villain will only call if he has high pairs' j'j q'k. by betting 2 / 3x the proportion, for the hero to win some gold coins! breastfeed

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Nice call/bet

I think each of you thought your hand was better before the showdown. There is a chance that if you had the opponent's cards, you would have acted the same way. Even an all-in on the flop would have led to a call. It was inevitable.

The Hero was with 17k betting 1/3 of the stack and a great opportunity to keep in the tournament;