$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: QQ 3 bet pré flop

B

brunochano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all I want to apologize for not being able to use the hand converter, this tournament was played at GG poker and the tool pokercraft haven't worked for me ( I also have no idea about how to find the hand history folder).

UTG1 openned 2 blinds and have got 3 calls, I 3bet for 15 blinds at SB and only he calls.
I thought this one was a nice flop for me and also thought that I could extract value from some aces so I've bet half pot.

The stacks depth were about 50bbs

I liked the turn and decided to shove but the Villain have already made his straight at the flop.

My question is could I have played differently?

Attachments

• qqpqp.jpg
    qqpqp.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 14
  • qqpqp2.jpg
    qqpqp2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
3-bet and sizing is fine.

Flop
If stacks were 50BB effective, then the SPR (Stack to Pot Ratio) was only around 1, so not much room to maneuver here. Its only a question of, how to get it in, and most of the time I would bet small like 25% pot. The problem with betting 50% pot is, its half your remaining stack, and betting so much commits you to the pot. If he can hand read it should be obvious to him, you are intending to play for stacks, and that might allow him to get away from some marginal hands, that you want to get paid by.

Turn
As played there was only around 1/3 of the starting stack left so easy jam for value.

Results
Coolers are part of poker and can not be avoided.

B

brunochano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks a lot bro.

That was my first gg poker tournament I'm looking for a way to deal with this hand history stuff.

Just one question if you bet 25% would you check the turn and avoid a big pot or is that exactly what we are looking for with this type of hand?

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just one question if you bet 25% would you check the turn and avoid a big pot or is that exactly what we are looking for with this type of hand?

If you bet 25% pot on the flop, there is around a 50% pot bet left for the turn. My plan is to then move all in on any card, that does not bring a 1-liner to a straight. You flopped a monster hand in a pot, which is already huge. So you are not looking to get away from it, just because your opponent could have a few extremely unlikely hands, that you are behind to. You are looking for the best way to get him to put in chips with all those different hands, you are ahead off, like two pair or pair + gutshot type hands.

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i agree 100% with fundiver199.

with SPR of 1, a 1/2pot cbet can look very suspicious to discerning eyes, since you're committing half your stack. a pot-sized flop shove looks a lot weaker than a set (draws could do this due to fold equity). a 1/4pot will appear "standard", and most of villain's range will continue, setting up your 1/2pot-sized turn shove on most turn card.

it's just an unfortunate cooler. there are only 4 combos of KTs that villain could call the 3bet with. but there are 27 total combos of AKs, AKo, AQs, AQo, AJs, AJo and JJ that you're ahead of. and that's not counting the combos for the draws and the sticky 66.