$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: played wrong?

A

aircasar9876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay this is bovada 25 point buy in to get in the 7500 saturday...top 15 get ticket. 300 in it bout..I built a good stack and was 1st with about 60 left. raised a few hands and was pushed and didnt want to hurt my stack to bad since first didnt matter. eventually we go down to 17 and im in 16th with about 10k. about 3k less than 15th. blinds I believe are like 1250 2500 and im bout to hit them so i think i need to look for a solid hand to push to hopefully steal blinds. I knew id be called by bigger stack probably if he acted after...well it says upload fails when i try but i guess ill just type it...

I have a10spades utg+2 I push...everyone else has around 20k-25k so i know nobody will call without a monster...except sb had like 60k. I figured he would call with 27 off....well he calls and flips a7 diamonds...Im kinda happy now because im blocking one of his outs and only have 1 card to touch....even better news is that flop was 10kk but 2 diamonds..turn is jack of clubs and river is 6 of diamonds. im done....kind of really felt crappy. my question is...did I make the right move or was that hand not strong enough to push...I knew I coulda seen maybe 10 15 more hands and been blinded out...17th had 4k...so i maybe shoulda taken that route. i was really excited for this saturday....I just wanna know should i push it if I am in that spot again?

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, it was a good push. You had 4 BBs, that's very few even if it's just a satellite. Since many players slow down the game, the BBs increase fast. You were just unlucky.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I usually pull up the other tables during a satty.

Also, I try to look for spots where I can shove with some fold equity(vs. players who aren't looking to win 'two tickets')... attempting to maintain a stack that has fold equity. (ie. I'd rather shove 97s in CO on 10bb's)