$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: opponent bluffs me, call on the river?

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

UTG (t5,120)
Hero (UTG+1) (t1,667)
MP1 (t1,600)
MP2 (t806)
CO (t1,205)
Button (t3,324)
SB (t1,782)
BB (t2,202)

Hero's M: 22.23

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with
tc.gif
ah.gif

1 fold, Hero raises to t110, 2 folds, CO raises to t175, 3 folds, Hero calls t65

Flop: (t425)
kd.gif
kh.gif
qs.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets t125, Hero calls t125

Turn: (t675)
td.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: (t675)
2d.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets t905 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: t675

Results below:
CO didn't show

Hello guys, it CC freeroll, start of tournament, 3 level of blinds. Opponent 3bets pre flop, should I fold to his 3bet? Now I think yes, but I think if I hit an A on the board I can win this hand I think he has pocket pair TT-AA. I don't see here AK or AQ because he should only call here pre flop, but I was in error. The flop - I think he hit very strong, but I decided to see the turn, I don't know why, maybe I was a little tired. The turn - I think he was slow playing something, he could have KK, QQ or TT, because he could 3bet pre flop these hands. The river - pair of Ts is too weak for me, pot is not too big, I fold. Opponent bluffed and did show A9o.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in freerolls he can raise any 2. everything!
there is no right move for u, in distance every move, which is not fold is very bad, think so

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
in freerolls he can raise any 2. everything!
there is no right move for u, in distance every move, which is not fold is very bad, think so

As this is a CC freeroll I doubt he was raising with any 2 cards.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played the hand terribly.....and you cant exactly call that a 3bet pre from villian lmao...come over the top with a 4bet or call and bet/fold the flop....this hand is just awful

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played the hand terribly.....and you cant exactly call that a 3bet pre from villian lmao...come over the top with a 4bet or call and bet/fold the flop....this hand is just awful

bet/fold flop isnt a very logical thing to do here. neither is 4bet. flop should be a fold, turn and river are played fine tho

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't usually open with ATo in early position at a full table, but if you're confident in your post flop skills that's OK.

I wouldn't put him on too strong of a hand preflop since he barely raised you at all....I think it's a mandatory call preflop now that there are good pot odds. play your AT as a speculative hand now.

i'd be putting him on a medium strength or speculative hand (weak ace, perhaps a suited ace, or a small/med pocket pair up to 88.)

On the flop I'd just check fold. If you want to continue (I'm not sure why... out of position on a gutshot when the board is paired?) I guess you could check-raise the flop as a bluff representing the king...I wouldn't do myself, that but I think it is better than check calling the flop.

The turn check check is OK, you actually have a hand now, don't want to bet yourself off it....

River....easy fold. Sometimes we get bluffed. it's OK. if you can't ever be bluffed off of 4th pair on a really dangerous board, then you are a calling station.

Last edited:
W

Weisssound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind checking the flop, but only if you intend on betting the turn. Betting the turn you can at least have a strong semi-bluff with any A, 10, or J improving your hand (36% of catching a strong river). You can at least get more info doing this.

If it wasn't the time and place for a semi-bluff, I'd probably fold out the flop. As was, the fold on the river was probably the right move.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys, it CC freeroll, start of tournament, 3 level of blinds. Opponent 3bets pre flop, should I fold to his 3bet? Now I think yes, but I think if I hit an A on the board I can win this hand I think he has pocket pair TT-AA. I don't see here AK or AQ because he should only call here pre flop, but I was in error. The flop - I think he hit very strong, but I decided to see the turn, I don't know why, maybe I was a little tired. The turn - I think he was slow playing something, he could have KK, QQ or TT, because he could 3bet pre flop these hands. The river - pair of Ts is too weak for me, pot is not too big, I fold. Opponent bluffed and did show A9o.

Hi, why so u think an ACE would make u win ur hand...What about a jack...that will definitely do the job for you.
His bet timings and sizes look really convincing...H e probably figured out u have an Ace high hand and he played you...
Folding post river was a good play btw even though u fell for his bluff !!!