$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: KK on the bubble game

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 25 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

UTG+1 (t4,500)
MP1 (t2,935)
MP2 (t6,754)
CO (t143)
Button (t5,334)
Hero (SB) (t8,525)
BB (t3,875)
UTG (t5,259)

Hero's M: 14.83

Preflop: Hero is SB with K
diamond.gif
, K
heart.gif

5 folds, Button raises to t625, Hero raises to t8,500 (All-In), 2 folds

Total pot: t1,700

Results below:
Hero didn't show K
diamond.gif
, K
heart.gif

Hello guys, it was CC freeroll, about 57 players on start, 12 in cash, about 15 players still in game. At this table is one ultra shortstack, next shortstack is on position 14 in tournament with about 3k chips - about 12bb. Chipleader of tournament has about 11k chips - about, over 40bb, so everything is close. It is bubble game. Every player was playing very tight. I have KK on SB, my opponent doubled up two or three hands before. What do you think about my move on bubble game? I don't want 3bet here to about 1500- 1600, because KK lost 20% with other cards, lost 30% with Ax, After the flop - cbet is necessary, let's say about 1700 chips . So, finally I can lose a chipleading at this table and very good position in all tournament. I prefer to wait when shortstack lose their chips. But here I know that my move is terrible, or maybe not?

Last edited:
AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not liking the 3bet shove tbh, you said it was a tight table so do you think the button is going to call a shove when he is most likely just stealing the blinds with air?.....imo flat call and see a flop and hope he hits a lower pair....then check call the flop and pump it on the turn or river depending on board texture......kk is a great hand and just because they never held up last time doesnt mean they dont win the percentage they are supposed to...

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3bet small or flat, shoving isnt the worst thing in the world tho

Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think maybe not, depending on the style of the villain too, but your move is ok.
you still the chip leader and probably earn more respect for steals.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think maybe not, depending on the style of the villain too, but your move is ok.
you still the chip leader and probably earn more respect for steals.

Yes, several times I had a "walk", so it was very good situation for me, because blinds were very big. Besides it was long bubble game, about 15- 20 minutes. I still was a chipleader at this table and they didn't steal too often my blinds.

Last edited:
Top 10 Games