$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Hit 2P on flop, shove + bad

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night after have lost 3/4 in a
straight hand losing to Full house (on the RIVER), I had 12 blinds left.

Had 65o on BB
3players in hand and comes limp.
Flop 6s,5s,7d - First to act, I shoved ALLIN
2 calls
Turn - 9d
River - Kd

Showdown -
Villain a - A3o
Villain b - 58d
And i was out...:saint:

My move could be better?
Should I do the same thing next time and expect different outcome?

Your thoughts please.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the shove is fine since you have bottom 2. But I would rather check and let someone bluff at it. Its hard to get away with this hand but if no one has anything maybe let them put some chips in. It is a freeroll so shoving isn’t bad since you got called by A3o.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As QA77 say, you got someone to call it off with a gutshot to the dummys end of a 1-liner straight. Its kind of difficult to argue against that and say, your line was not good. But against better players, a check-raise would generally be the best way to get the chips in on the flop.

If it was on the bubble in a big tournament, you could also take a lower variance route and just check-call the flop, or maybe it gets checked through. While you had a good hand on the flop, it was not exactly the nuts. And on a dripping wet board like this, it can sometimes be an advantage to see a safe turn card, before you start piling chips in.

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could check on flop, speacially because since I lost most of my stack b4,, I got a little short to scare anyone from the hand, Wich proved to be true. But I think that the call from the villains were wrong.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could check on flop, speacially because since I lost most of my stack b4,, I got a little short to scare anyone from the hand, Wich proved to be true.

If you bet with a strong hand like this, the main goal is not to get people to fold. The main goal is to get them to call with a worse hand

But I think that the call from the villains were wrong.

58d was to strong a hand to fold given your stack size. He flopped bottom pair with an OESD to the high end, and a BDFD as well. To much going on for him to fold. Between you and him it was basically a coinflip, which this time he won. It is, what it is.

A3o was a really bad call, and as I said already, letting other people make mistakes is the whole goal in poker. So you should be thrilled, when someone makes a bad play. He basically just donated to a pot, which most of the time will be won by you or the guy with 58d.