$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $Freeroll Deep Stacked: How believable would my line be to a good player?

I

Index12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $Freeroll Deep Stacked: How believable would my line be to a good player?

Hero is dealt 10s5d in the bb, 2 call 800, 400/800 blinds, SB calls.
Flop is 9d, 6d, 10h
V1 bets 800 and everyone calls.
Turn is the 8c, V1 bets 800, I c/r to 2400 and two calls, one fold.
River is the 3 of diamonds completing a possible two flush.
V1 checks and I jam, two folds.
My thought is that I should've c/r on the flop instead of the turn. I hold the 5 of diamonds so I was thinking that it would be a decent bluff/blocker card. I'm looking to improve as a beginner player.

Last edited:
Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once you raise and get 2 calls, you’re probably beat. Then the flush gets there. Having the 5d is ok but since the flush got there, it doesn’t mean a whole lot. Having the Ad would be different since you can have the nut flush. If you want to raise, do it preflop and make it more than 3x.

I

Index12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you raise and get 2 calls, you’re probably beat. Then the flush gets there. Having the 5d is ok but since the flush got there, it doesn’t mean a whole lot. Having the Ad would be different since you can have the nut flush. If you want to raise, do it preflop and make it more than 3x.
Wouldn’t raising T5o be on the looser side even for the BB preflop? What sizing would you suggest on such a drawy board? I’ll get the stack sizes later, don’t feel like logging in today.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah preflop would be too loose but its more of trying to win the hand preflop vs the limps. Stack sizes would be helpful and you can play it a little different depending on stacks. In general I would check preflop, check/call flop and then probably give up. There are so many better spots than this and trying to merge the 105 into a bluff makes it harder to play once you do get calls.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Free plays are often a bit weird, because we get involved with janky hands, we would never have paid to see a flop with. I always remind myself, that I did not ask for this spot, and therefore I only invest money, if I hit the board really hard. So if someone had put in a substantial bet on the flop, I would just fold this junky hand and let the other goofballs do, what they want. However when they bet 1 BB into a pot of around 5 BB including the antes, then I am also calling and taking a turn.

And honestly on the turn I am doing the same. Maybe we can improve on the river, or maybe we already have the best hand. My goal here is to get to showdown as cheaply as possible. Turning a bad top pair into a bluff in a multiway limped pot is a little bit to FPS (fancy play syndrom) for my taste, especially in freerolls or very low buyin tournaments. Fish typically dont fold top pair or better, so in all likelihood you were bluffing with the best hand.

I

Index12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So here are the stack sizes: SB had 9704 chips, V2 had 50k chips, V3 had 60k, and I had 7522 chips.

D

Dlbcanuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ALso with the freerolls it depends on what type of freeroll. If its a cash game some people play to get to the money no matter the pay off. The freerolls with tournament places running on 888 poker right now are wacky. With very few places paid its like Bingo.

Reh1980

Reh1980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll

what strategy should i use in online freeroll tournaments and not to mess with bad beat?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop fold that junk. Save your chips for when your dealt good cards to play.
Agree 100% with fundiver199 if I accidentally clicked the call button. :)