$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Flopped TPTK + nut flush draw, call a shove or fold?

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Flopped TPTK + nut flush draw, call a shove or fold?

Blinds and antes are 40/200/400

Hero ($8401) raises UTG to $1200 with :as4::ks4:

Villain ($8390) UTG +1 calls $1200

Cutoff folds

Button folds

SB folds

BB folds

Flop is :7s4::kh4::js4:

Hero bets $1620

Villain raises all-in $7151

Call or fold? Will post results later.

Villain was a TAG, I was at the same table with villain for 39 hands and only saw him go to showdown with 3 hands: :qh4::8h4:, :10c4::9c4:, and :ad4::qc4:. He did shove all-in on the river with the :ad4::qc4: with the river card being :ac4:, and all other cards were rags and got a call from pocket Queens.

Any opinions appreciated, it's probably really obvious what to do here for a more experienced player but with these kinds of hands where there is a huge bet, I'm totally lost on how to read these situations because it seems like a bluff. However, I have also seen people shove like this with the nuts and it seems stupid because they aren't getting maximum value. I have shoved like this when I have connected with the board but it's weak and I don't want the hand to continue...is this just a donk play?

imafish

imafish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snap call, this is a hand that I'd go broke with all day and night.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have monster equity. I don't know why you're even bringing up the fact he could be bluffing because there is no Earthly reason to fold this hand. If the worst hand in his range is KQ we have 57% equity, and if the worst hand in his range is AK we still have 47% so that the dead money in pot makes us committed to call by a substantial margin.

K

Kidblaze

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am shocked by this question snap call!

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easiest call ever, you've got top pair top kicker with the nut flush draw, even if you're behind (which you probably aren't) you can still outdraw him!

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Result:

I snap-call for $5531

Villain turns over :ad4::ah4:

Turn: :2d4:

River: :8d4:

Off to the rail I go......thanks for your input everyone. I really appreciate it.

Full Flush Poker Folding in Poker