$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: AK UTG, on the turn FD and straight draw

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

BB (t3,305)
Hero (UTG) (t1,044)
UTG+1 (t3,068)
MP1 (t1,155)
MP2 (t2,306)
MP3 (t990)
CO (t1,975)
Button (t1,562)
SB (t1,180)

Hero's M: 13.92

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif

Hero raises to t114, 4 folds, CO calls t114, Button calls t114, 2 folds

Flop: (t417) 2
club.gif
, J
heart.gif
, 4
heart.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets t200, CO calls t200, 1 fold

Turn: (t817) Q
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets t750, Hero calls t730 (All-In)

River: (t2,277) 3
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t2,277

Results below:
Hero had K
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
(high card, Ace).
CO had 2
spade.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(one pair, twos).
Outcome: CO won t2,277

Hi, it was freeroll which is only once a month. I'm angry. What do you think about this hand? Should I bet on the turn and try to semibluff or check and fold to his bet?

0Magic14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your Pre flop raise is okay since you missed the flop I would check (If it was me ) turn Check is fine but the call is not I would have folded you just got unlucky.

S

stefffan1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played right , but you didn;t hit anything. There was nothing you could do.

Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok raise preflop. you should be familiar with the basic rule of aggression preflop, cbet flop, but a board like this maybe the villains do not believe, depending on your range.
I prefer check / fold.
as played now could go allin turn, no makes sense to check and then make the call.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're going to call a shove on the turn, why not just shove yourself?

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
having not hit anything you have to give credit for the villan to have something. Fold the turn.

TEG2300

TEG2300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As in many spots in NLHE the play you make may be less important than having a logical reason for making it. That being said, the check-call all in on the turn is a not a play I can see the logic in. I may be missing a piece, however it really reminds me of a whole in my own game where I put money in the pot knowing I am behind and just don't take the time to consider the odds I would need to be getting from the pot to make the call. It is an impulse I have that I believe is based on a strange feeling of entitlement I feel knowing I was ahead pre-flop even though I know there is virtually no way I am putting my money in good now.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop good

C-bet on flop is fine (I tend to bet 2/3 of the pot 2/3 of the time whether I hit the flop or not. disguises my real hands)

OK...now that he's called your C-bet it's time to slow down and exercise some pot control.

Do you think this player is floating you on the flop? does that make sense? If you think so and you want to make a stand with your AK then you lead out on the turn and the only bet that it makes any sense for you to make is all in. (he'll probably fold his puny deuce).

When you check on the turn, you've essentially given up on the hand. When he puts me all in on the turn I'm putting him on a J or a Q most of the time and he's trying to protect against draws. I realize you picked up the nut flush draw but with 1 card to come are you really getting the odds to draw to that? Remember there are no implied odds when you're all in. You have to be putting him on exactly nothing to make this call and even if he has nothing, you have nothing too...so he's got outs.