$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: A2s out of position

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (SB) (t1,447)
BB (t2,101)
UTG (t1,520)
UTG+1 (t1,697)
MP1 (t1,635)
MP2 (t565)
CO (t1,515)
Button (t1,580)

Hero's M: 32.16

Preflop: Hero is SB with
2d.gif
ad.gif

1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t67, MP1 calls t67, 3 folds, Hero calls t52, BB calls t37

Flop: (t268)
jd.gif
qc.gif
5d.gif
(4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets t187, 1 fold, Hero calls t187, 1 fold

Turn: (t642)
ah.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t353, Hero calls t353

River: (t1,348)
9d.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t840 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: t1,348

Results below:
Hero didn't show 2
diamond.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(flush, Ace high).

It was CC freeroll. What do you think about my move on the river?
Pre flop - we are deep, I think that I can see the flop.
The flop - is good for me, check is standard. I think that opponent can have top pair with good kicker, maybe AQ?
The turn - I think that is good card for me, sometimes I can lead, but my Ace is with the weakest kicker, I again check with FD and I'm going to check/call the river with one pair if he bets.
The river - very good card for me, I have here almost 30bb in stack. What is better, all in or bet for about 400-600?
Opponents did show his hand, he folded QQ on the hand, and he hit a set on the flop.

Last edited:
R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was vs me.

pre flop was fine given the callers and BB likely also going to call behind. I don't think leading the turn would of been good. You would fold out my bluffs and get raised by hands that have you at like 20% equity; JJ/QQ/AA/KTs. Even vs my two pair hands,AQ/AJ and AK you still only have 40% equity. Probably just like x/c the turn for the reasons I just given; I could still have some bluffs given the Ace is a good card for me to barrel.

As soon as you open shove the river though - I know I'm beat I actually had you on diamonds or KT so I didn't think you was bluffing ever in this spot. If you put out a bet though like 400 I might of called. nh.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it was a nice fold :) thank you for opinion

A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You also could check river if you think his range is strong(sets,str8 and 2 pair) or very weak like smaller flush draw he could bet the river and cant get away.
Think he might just check 2 pair but sets he could think u have 1 or 2 pair hand and bet.:hmmmm:

chory1414

chory1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very good hand, thanks for sharing, it was obvious he was going to drain color had many outs.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks fine to me.

As ram said you do telegraph your hand somewhat by shoving the river, but contrary to what he said I don't think there's much in his range that's calling a ~400 bet and not calling a shove, and checking the river is far too risky, so I think river is fine, you just have to hope he has a second best hand that he's too attached to. :)

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is ok to call pre if you are confident in your abilities to place ace rag post flop.

The river, I think you check or shove. Betting half your stack is silly. If you think your opponent has a 1 pair type hand I guess you shove as he'll definitely check behind if you check. If you think he has a strong hand like a set I think you can either shove and hope he calls or check and hope he value bets.

That was an excellent fold by QQQ there...