$Freeroll NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: A game against AA?

T

thunder_road

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't think u played it wrong. once u decided to call the preflop raise all the rest of your actions were the right choice.

what did u know about the preflop raiser. did u have any reads on him? was he raising alot?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you played this hand completely fine. If you had HUD-data telling you, SB was a very tight 3-bettor, then maybe you can fold KJs to his 3-bet. But it was a late position confrontation, and defending is certainly standard. You then flopped a flushdraw with two overs, and with only a pot-sized bet left there is no other choise here than to go with the hand. Even if he showed you aces, you were getting the right price to try and hit your flush or some kind of runner-runner, at least in pure chip EV.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, you played this hand completely fine. If you had HUD-data telling you, SB was a very tight 3-bettor, then maybe you can fold KJs to his 3-bet. But it was a late position confrontation, and defending is certainly standard. You then flopped a flushdraw with two overs, and with only a pot-sized bet left there is no other choise here than to go with the hand. Even if he showed you aces, you were getting the right price to try and hit your flush or some kind of runner-runner, at least in pure chip EV.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good afternoon!:)
Thank you for your assessment of my game,your opinion is very important for me as a novice player!As Dan Harrington wrote in his book, " the correct game is as if you know the opponent's cards.....

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This will be villain dependent as others have said. In a regular buy in non freeroll tournament I think you can call, fold or 4 bet depending on the villain stats and what you know about them. In non freerolls, imo, there is more 3 betting so therefore it is a little lighter and of course then you can call off lighter. Here in a CC freeroll first let me say to get a HUD if you are going to play in a lot of these as you will be going against the same group of people and it will help you a lot with decision making. In these freerolls outside of a few villains I know most do not 3 bet lightly and have a 3 bet % at or below 3% which means their 3 bets are nutted. In this specific spot I would fold to a 3 bet here with this holding and to the used 3 bet sizing. That may be over folding a touch but you will see in the freerolls that outside of a few villains, 3 bets usually mean strength.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I m not such a good player, but I wouldn’t play this hand differently. Flush draw, top pair with decent kicker I would always call, even against tight players, and it doesn’t matter if it’s freeroll or regular buy-in tournament. It’s to much equity to fold.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the actions of the opponent were extremely inconvenient for you. Your goal on the preflop is to pick up the blinds or watch the flop cheaper. When you get a raise on the preflop, you need to pay attention to the size of the pot. It's getting really big. The opponent will continue to be aggressive on the flop in most cases and will most likely go all in, regardless of whether he gets into the flop or not. Sometimes you will see a bluff with AK or AQ. Because the flop is low. But such huge bets should have alerted you about the presence of a pocket pair from an opponent. You simply could not give up the flash draw and continued to play by its rules.
To be honest, I would continue to call on the flop if the opponent puts 30% of the pot. But he just tries to take the entire stack in two steps.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play the same way, so everything is fine)))

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the actions of the opponent were extremely inconvenient for you. Your goal on the preflop is to pick up the blinds or watch the flop cheaper. When you get a raise on the preflop, you need to pay attention to the size of the pot. It's getting really big. The opponent will continue to be aggressive on the flop in most cases and will most likely go all in, regardless of whether he gets into the flop or not. Sometimes you will see a bluff with AK or AQ. Because the flop is low. But such huge bets should have alerted you about the presence of a pocket pair from an opponent. You simply could not give up the flash draw and continued to play by its rules.
To be honest, I would continue to call on the flop if the opponent puts 30% of the pot. But he just tries to take the entire stack in two steps.
Thank you for the detailed description of my mistakes.I didn't pay attention to the size of the re-raise.!!!

Top 10 Games