$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Could you fold 15outs on the bubble?

Tropwen

Tropwen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont expect anyone to fold this but whats your opinions

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 92
M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u have 7bb so under 10bb u cant just call its no prifotable u r on push or fold mode.
but going to your hand u can put the money in on the flop, but on the turn its no more good. and i never call with an up and under u can push on the flop with it so u have some fold equity.

T

terminaex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The bubble decision

Let's look at it realistically. If the ITM money is significant to you (based on how much time you've invested in the tournament so far) I'd say take the hit and get your ITM money when you fold.

If however, the ITM money is too little or insignificant. Make the call or shove all in.

The decision should also be based on how much fold equity you have. If you have little fold equity because your stack is too small or you weren't the pre-flop raiser, the decision becomes one to take the coin flip for a real chance at the final table.

TEG2300

TEG2300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I like us limping that hand to play it OOP. Unless you are planning to shove almost any flop. Got to pick a hand to go with at that point and IMHO I would fold that and see a few more hands at a lower cost. For the completing price of 250 you could pay the antes for the whole next round. Save a little fold equity and find a shove spot. Or you could just shove it there depending on the other guys stack and what you know of his play.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What are:
the other's stack sizes

our BvB history (ie. have we been aggressively raising from SB vs. BB, have we previously been open-shoving BvB)

Does villain seem ICM aware? What do they think of us?

It appears that we have ~9bb's in SB. As played, once we've butchered it there's no way I'm ever folding now that we're getting ~6to1 & would only have a couple bb's if we fold.
This should really be a preflop decision & should be based on stuff I wrote above. (allin/fold).
If this were a 27man SNG (top5 pd.) & if we were a bit deeper (15bb's) and other stacks were similiar & depending upon history vs. BB we could consider a limp>stab>steal (but.. 'it depends').

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you've bet the turn and have already put in the majority of your chips, it's a snap call. However, it's not a situation you should be in unless there are significant unstated factors to consider. I somewhat favor shoving over folding because aggression on the bubble tend to pay. Limping isn't an option I'd even consider barring specific unusual circumstances.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your only move with less than 10BB is to shove pre-flop. Shove or fold. No limping.

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to call now, your priced in. A jack or 5 could also give you the win if hes donk betting a small pair or SD. You played this hand really weak and villian might think his pair of 4s is good. It a litlle late for ICM concerns at this point. Fold or shove pre.

arsenaluss

arsenaluss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fold pre flop. this hand is a big trouble. you see after flop, all in or fold. mistake to play this hand to preflop

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove preflop. Don't even fold. Worst case scenario you are heads up, but it was likely the big blind folds if you shove (unless he was deepstacked, then he'd be happy to take a shot at busting you out).

C

cleiton1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that at the time you made this call with 5j and you see the flop that you have a possible straight with 8 outs and in the turn a flush you are right about the call , i also would be all in but thi is poker strange game!

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To answer your question (which never should have arisen), yes - you call the turn ship, but ...

To echo several other members, you don't have the chip stack to take flops here ... it IS a fold or shove spot. Given you have BB covered and it is the bubble, it is a shove ATC (any two cards) here in my estimation. A good, thinking player in the BB might call you here with A8+, KQ or most pocket pairs but the vast majority of players are dumping their hand.

M

mozartk551

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the 3, 4 has the odds advantage after the flop by a lot. After the flop I would bet big or all in with the two pair. Odds of getting an open ended straight about same as getting flush on river or turn.

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are afraid of the bubble just fold.. it's better than what you did anyways....

shove of fold!

Folding in Poker