F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 88
Either fold or jam. Calling creates a very low SPR of just over 1, where 88 just does not play well enough even in position. Its worth noting, that the opponent raised to 3BB from UTG out of a very short stack, where he should either have min-raised or open jammed. Is this a betsizing tell, or does he always use this sizing?

My decision here will depend on reads, and if I think, this is always a super strong hand, that is going to snap me off, if I jam, I can see folding here. But in a freeroll I always lean towards the looser and more aggressive option, which is to jam. I think, stack-off ranges are going to be wider on average, and even if I bust, I dont really care.

Hand 2 99
Very easy call for 7BB.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1: Really like Fundiver's post above and basically mimic it. Never call in this spot with this stack size. Your 20 BBs is nice rejam stack size over raisers that are on the looser side. You have to ask yourself (based on what you know about villain here) what their range is that they are jamming? If you feel this is an any ace, any broadway, any pair type raise then jamming is the best move especially since you would be ahead of that range. If you feel the range is more a tighter jamming range like 88+, A10+, then it should be a fold as you would be flipping at best and crushed the other times and with those holdings your fold equity with a jam would be minimal based on the chips the villain has to start the hand.

Hand 2 is a call based on your stack size you have left. If villain was super tight I can definitely see an argument and would even consider folding as then if they are that tight I can jam into them with nothing expecting a fold. Usually though with more realistic players this is a call based on you need to take a chance being that low in chips.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
#2 I'm call and loose AQo.

Which is completely fine. Based on pot odd you needed around 40% equity to make a profitable call, and you had 55%. Even against a tight range you had around 50% on average, so 99 is never a fold here, unless you have the sickest read ever, that this player is limping anything except his premiums. But that would be super rare, since people with limping strategies will often limp-trap as well, and then you need to remove KK-AA from the jamming range, in which case your equity goes back up. Its one of those, where you are still being very results oriented. Had you won against AQ, you would likely not have worried any more about the hand :)

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
#1 call and hope blinds jam on opener and he folds. if he calls re-evaluate his range and call or fold
#2 call unless shover is a huge nit that doesnt know how to value bet