$Freeroll NLHE MTT: CC $500 Freeroll on Blackchip - My Move vs. Donk Shove

wushuguy

wushuguy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope this format is acceptable, rather than using a hand converter. If not, I can change it. Villain shoved into one limper on the third hand of the game (limper folded). Other than that, he has had a couple of limp ins, but no other action or raising. What would you do here?

Attachments

• $500CCFreeroll.jpg
    $500CCFreeroll.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 34
warturtle7

warturtle7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably would fold, it is early on in a tournament it's not necessary to get it to this spots. Even if you are against AK, AQ you are racing and there is no need.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap fold unless certain conditions exist - for instance, you're pretty confident in your read on this player's range for his overshove because you've seen him make this play enough times before. Or possibly if you feel you're far enough below average skill-wise that your best strategy is to play gambling big-pot poker.

wushuguy

wushuguy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I guess that raises the question then, what would you call with here? Only KK, AA?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a freeroll.... Call

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I guess that raises the question then, what would you call with here? Only KK, AA?
Against a basically unknown player, yes. There's more to it than just the hand though. MTTs also involve tournament considerations. For instance, let's say I think JJ is a 6:4 favorite. Let's also say that I think I can build my stack to 6k 65% of the time by playing normally. Should I call?

I don't know if there's a right answer. It's better to double my stack earlier, but whether that advantage is enough to offset losing and being crippled 40% of the time is questionable, to me anyway.

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack