mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
No info on the opponent. Do you guys think this is a good spot for me to bet the turn?

pokerstars - 25/50 NL - Holdem - 8 players

UTG: 4,012 (80.2 bb)
Hero (UTG+1): 1,419 (28.4 bb)
MP: 6,636 (132.7 bb)
MP+1: 3,657 (73.1 bb)
CO: 2,805 (56.1 bb)
BTN: 2,634 (52.7 bb)
SB: 2,219 (44.4 bb)
BB: 3,037 (60.7 bb)

SB posts 25, BB posts 50

Pre Flop: (pot: 75) Hero has :9h4: :9d4:
fold, Hero raises to 150, 5 folds, BB calls 100

Flop: (325, 2 players) :10c4: :4h4: :qh4:
BB checks, Hero bets 176, BB calls 176

Turn: (677, 2 players) :ks4:
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (677, 2 players) :3h4:
BB checks, Hero checks

Results: 677 pot (0 rake)
Final Board: :10c4: :4h4: :qh4: :ks4: :3h4:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At 28 BBs I would open for a smaller amount than 3x although blinds are so small here that 2.5x to 3x is not large so that I guess is nitpicking. Important thing to think about though when blinds do get larger and you are at 28 BBs.

On the flop I like checking behind here. There are two overcards on the board that are more than likely not folding if we bet plus all the 2 hearts hands will not fold much either. I know we want to charge draws but I think generally you are behind here so I like checking behind where the turn can give cards I can rep with a bet (A or K) or at least give us another card at hitting a set or getting a J to give us something open ended (dont over value it though as if the runout is J and K then Ax has you). Betting as you did might get some folds from tighter, weaker opponents but usually I would expect villain to call with this board out there.

On the turn as played I think you can bet hoping Qx or 10x folds but you are probably better off now trying to get to showdown. That would be more villain dependent and you stated you dont know anything about the villain. I would check turn whether I bet or had checked behind on the flop. With 99 and 3 overcards on the board I am just trying to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.

River as played is a check behind due to what I stated above and just trying to get to showdown. Not sure how villain would react if other actions were taken so your line might have got you to showdown the cheapest. My guess is you are behind here although villain could turn up with 55-88 type hands here as well.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open but with stacks this short sizing could be smaller.

Flop
I lean towards checking back this flop. Its one of those situations, where we could have the best hand, but if we bet, the opponent likely play rather perfect against it. The hands, he fold, generally have very little equity, and most of the hands, he call, either have us beat, or they have a lot of equity. Hands like AJ or KJ for instance. The only real justification for betting is as a kind of "reverse blocker bet". If we bet the flop, we incrase the chance, he check to us again on the turn, and then we can see both remaining cards for the price of one bet.

Turn
If you bet again here, you would be turning your hand into a bluff, and this is not a good hand to bluff with. You still have a little bit of showdown value, and whenever that is the case, you typically dont want to bluff. You also have a hand, that offer reverse implied odds. If a 9 comes, you will make a set, but any hand with a J will make a straight. If a J comes, you will make a straight, but any hand with an A will make a better straight.

River
When he check again, it does not look like, he has a very strong hand. But if you bet, he will likely fold all hands worse than yours and call with most hands better than yours except maybe for specifically TX. So your hand fail, what in the CC 30 day course is called the river test. Its to in between to bet, so checking back was the correct play.