$Freeroll NLHE MTT: On the button with JJ

J

jonlama

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on the button with just under 11k stack, which is the larges stack by at least 5k. I am dealt JsJc, lojack goes all in with 1300 preflop, I call, big blind also calls with about half his stack. Flop comes 2,3,7 all spades. BB checks. What do you do?

vokrugdookola

vokrugdookola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so this is a bubble, I would check fold

S

Sprockett

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me this is a easy bet. If BB called half his stack pre, I would bet half the pot, to put him all inn. This is not a situation I would be to worried about, as this is kinda straight forward spot in my bok.

I dont know what the blinds are, so this could be a fold pre flop (or even shove to isolate), but at this point im getting it in.

Just my 2 cents

Sprockett

O

oreleo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also go all in. It still can be all ours. If you afraid then make the flop fold.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many ways to play JJ in this situation... This how I see it..

First, the hands that can beat me : QQ, KK, aces and any hand with an ace.. that makes 15 hands.

If I'm playing with calling stations at my table, I fold them at some point (including preflop if there's a 4-bet) and wait for the bubble.

If I'm with tight players waiting for the bubble then I play a bit more agressively preflop, because I know they'll fold anyway, but rarely shove my entire stack, just in case. If I'm called and I hit the set one the flop, then I shove. It's a good time to get the blinds and antes and grow a bit your stack until the bubble is past.

Hope it helps!

-TRP-

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You mast raise on the flop if your stack is greater than 30bb. If you have less than 30bb you must goes all in

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nobody knows what to do next, because it is not known what will be the cards of turn and rover and what is in their hands. If you wanted to save chips, then it was necessary to do it before the flop. I think the player on BB has something like AK, AQ or he would not give you a free card. In addition, his actions, he showed that he was ready to go to the end. Now you are stronger, you should probably go all-in.

J

jonlama

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody knows what to do next, because it is not known what will be the cards of turn and rover and what is in their hands. If you wanted to save chips, then it was necessary to do it before the flop. I think the player on BB has something like AK, AQ or he would not give you a free card. In addition, his actions, he showed that he was ready to go to the end. Now you are stronger, you should probably go all-in.

So, I thought it was a pretty straight forward play as well, and I did shove, and he did have AK, but they were both spades. So he had flipped the nut flush. I really just wanted opinions to see if I had missed something. If someone else might have played it different with the board all spades.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I apologize, I did not notice that the flop is suited and even so I think all-in is appropriate in this situation.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, you do not say what size were the BB.
I think as a freeroll, have done push, the villain will calls you regularly with AX, or 99, 88, etc.
If the villain has QQ +, it is bad luck.

gl:)