$Freeroll NLHE MTT: bubble Flop set flush hits on turn

C

c double

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
46 players left, money starts at 40. I have 26k, villain has 95k and is playing lots of hands, agg after flop. I have been at this table for one rotation.

I get 55 in CO. Im first to call the blinds, 2000. SB calls. Villain checks BB.

Flop: 3h 5d 7h

2 checks, I bet pot 6000. SB folds, Villain calls.

Turn: Jh :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Villain leads 18000; I have 20k left.

Payout structure in this freeroll is pretty flat 40-20 get a dollar, 20-10 get 2, on up to $18 for first. Do I go for the double up into the top 10, or try to sneak into the money as a small stack?

The straight cards are in his range, but he plays it like a flush draw...or a bluff.

C

c double

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can see your line of reasoning, but i'm kinda trying not to coin flip here, and Ive got number 2 stack in the tourn in bb

C

c double

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after watching guy fora bit i realized ishould have its nice to have some coins in the coffers tho, ihad been on E

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can see your line of reasoning, but i'm kinda trying not to coin flip here, and Ive got number 2 stack in the tourn in bb

Not really about taking the flip. If you jam pre you can steal the blinds. Open shoving on the button on the bubble is a standard play.

I assume the blinds were 1/2k, so the antes were about 100.

9 handed that's a 4k pot. that's roughly a 6th of your stack, which is a large pot to take down then and there with a shove, and if you do get called you're probably flipping which is fine imo.

play for 1st, accept coming 2nd, don't try and fold your way into the money.

As played I probably jam the turn. Getting 3:1 and I think we've got a 36% to hit our full house.

C

CrossedLine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really about taking the flip. If you jam pre you can steal the blinds. Open shoving on the button on the bubble is a standard play.

9 handed that's a 4k pot. that's roughly a 6th of your stack, which is a large pot to take down then and there with a shove, and if you do get called you're probably flipping which is fine imo.

As played I probably jam the turn. Getting 3:1 and I think we've got a 36% to hit our full house.
Really like your analysis. Not trying to be a jerk but I like the lyrics in your sig, its "threw", not through". Otherwise I completely agree, I'd make him work to get that next heart, or play against the fullhouse if hes got it already.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Agreed with the suggestions. In the future when your that deep in the tourny, never open limp. In this case, ship it. But even if you have 80 bbs you should be raising pre.

C

c double

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

11 cards out of 46 give me a boat or better, unless reads tell you villain has a pair.. that's more like 22%. Maybe turn and river together is 36%. Besides that, you're right, additionally, I learned later that it was most likely a bluff and it was 50/50 or better that i had him crushed. Shoulda gone w instincts.

Oh, and "I'm sorry, there were no antes, I would have included this information and adjusted pot size accordingly.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The straight cards are in his range, but he plays it like a flush draw...or a bluff.

Do you get why open limping is awful now? Villains range is always non-existent bc we just limped his bb and let him see a free flop. This way you will never have to come and ask if we should fold bc we're wondering if he is holding 46 or a weak flush.

S

Sori

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with 13bbs left I think you have to shove pre...opening the action with a call is bad here (and pretty much always bad)

Full Flush Poker