SB 115.3 BB
BB 105.5 BB

UTG, HJ, CO, SB all limp in
I am in the BB and look down at :10h4: :8c4:
I check, 5 ways to the flop, 200 in the pot

FLOP
:7h4: :6d4: :5h4:

Sb checks, I decide to bet.
I like to check raise in these situations in a raised pot, but in a limped pot I feel that you get a lot more check through on boards like this in multi way pots, what do you think?

I am deep, and so are the HJ and SB, I have an open ender to the nuts and a backdoor flush draw. I want to get some money in the pot, possibly go for a check raise if I hit on the turn.

I bet 100, 1/2 pot. UTG, HJ call, CO and SB fold

pot 500, 3 ways to the turn

TURN
:2d4:

Not the card that I was looking for, but not really a card that I think would help my opponents. I think that they are likely to have heart flush draws and 8x for the straight draw, so I decide to bet again. Since I believe both my opponents are drawing, I bet big, 375 3/4 pot.

UTG and HJ call. Pot 1,625, off to the river

RIVER
:9c4:

BINGO!

Pot is 1,625
HERO BB 3,705
UTG 985
HJ 6,800

Time to bet again, why stop now? How much would you bet? Or do you go for a check raise? What would you do?

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi pokerpal!I think until the turn you play very well, now I would bet 3/4 of pot because, here my reasons:
1) You started firing bullets. So , your opponents don't know your hand maybe they are thinking that you have a small pair , two pair or bluffing the question is what kind of hands they have for calling your bets.
2) One of them could have to complete a straight with 8J, A8 maybe 8-4 as well , or two pairs.
3) I would bet because if i only check they could check and I would be losing the value of my hand.
PDT. I would check if my opponents were the aggressors.

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As they were just checking, then calling your bets, I would put my opponents on a flush draw, top pair or double pair, maybe I'm wrong but I don't believe they have an 8. With the 9 of clubs on the river that's bingo for you but the worst card for them. Checking is risky because if they believe you are strong (like you played) they probably expect a check raise and they might just check, no extra money. If you bet high (more than 1/2 pot) they probably fold, no extra money neither. So I would bet low and hope that someone calls or re-raises you(with an 8 anyway) ... Let me know what you think and how you played the hand.

Last edited:
O

OneMoreTry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bet 500, because that might draw the UTG into an All-In out of desparation, if he has ANYTHING, like a pair or two. And HJ might consider it a bluff and even re-raise it. ;)

1dkp0k3r

1dkp0k3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went all in, trying to make it look like I was bluffing a missed flush draw and hoping to get called by straights, two pair or sets. UTG folds and HJ snap calls, shows :8d4: :7d4: for an 8 high straight. Honestly not sure why HJ player did not go all in on the turn with a pair, open ended straight draw and flush draw

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Bet sizing

It’s a freeroll, just ship it and get paid by top pair.
From a normal tournament perspective, as played I’m betting turn a little bigger so that I can overbet the river and give myself more fold equity.
On the river you want you want about double the pot behind. You can polarize your range and over bet the pot with your straights and a comparable number of bluffs, you have a lot of value hands here so I don’t recommend a merged range unless villain is calling down very weak.
If that’s the case then keep in mind it’s going to be a lot tougher to balance your range with polarized and merged ranges to consider.

Last edited:
Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The big point in this hand is that this is a freeroll. I wouldn't bet the flop because you are bluffing and you aren't going to get a better hand to fold. In a freeroll you will get called by 7x, 6x, 5x, Ace high and even just random overcards. I think for this reason a c/r won't work either (put me in a higher stakes game and it is a better play - but hey you won't see as many multiway limped pots). I would lead out pot sized on the river - in a freeroll, you will usually be called by a one pair hand. I wouldn't jam as HJ may tank fold a 5 :)