$Freeroll NLHE MTT: ATs is a good push off 9bb?

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly think that it is, and it isn't. It is because you're trying to isolate against the short stack. It's not so good as your holding could be beat very easily by someone else. You have to dodge 4 more people.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is a final table - we HAVE to snap fold here. We just cannot risk our chip lead when one of the 6k or 5k stacks wakes up with a big one it hurts us...with all of the super short stacks that would bust well before us and guarantee us money hops it's a travesty for us to lose our chip lead. If we were BB or SB we can snap this guy off - but not from early position.

If this is mid game - it's a snap jam. But if we are at the final table and ITM then ICM implications have us snap folding this spot in this particular position.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
against a player with a short stack the push is correct with A10s if you lost you still had a healthy stack and that is a good hand to play under those conditions

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Are we on the bubble? (or close to it)
How many players are left? What is the payout structure?

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
against a player with a short stack the push is correct with A10s if you lost you still had a healthy stack and that is a good hand to play under those conditions

The spot really needs to be clarified - because at a final table this is completely incorrect and you are lighting money on fire!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like this play. With ATs you are not even in all that great shape against his pushing range from that position, and even worse you have two big stacks behind you, who can really hurt you, if they wake up with a better ace or a big pocket pair.

This time noone else gave action, and you had him dominated, but that is being results oriented. You just happened to run into, what was probably the dead bottom of his range, and a hand that also matched yours well, because he only had a single free card.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like this play. With ATs you are not even in all that great shape against his pushing range from that position, and even worse you have two big stacks behind you, who can really hurt you, if they wake up with a better ace or a big pocket pair.

This time noone else gave action, and you had him dominated, but that is being results oriented. You just happened to run into, what was probably the dead bottom of his range, and a hand that also matched yours well, because he only had a single free card.

These are exactly the same key points I was trying to illustrate as well. Its not that ATs is particularly weak..its just our position at the table and the implications of what we lose when a bigger stack behind us wakes up with a better hand which is entirely possible! We avoid this spot but making the correct fold in the correct spot.

As I said in an earlier post - I think we can easily call this bet if we were in the SB or the BB where we close the action.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I said in an earlier post - I think we can easily call this bet if we were in the SB or the BB where we close the action.

I would also call from SB or BB seat. The key point here is the two players behind, who we are simply risking to many chips against with a somewhat marginal hand. Its not like, we have AK or even AQ here, its just only AT.