$Freeroll NLHE MTT: AQos Not enough aggression?

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No mistake really, your opponent just got there and you can't control for that.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it fine. I like the 3x open from UTG. Villain shows a very loose call w/ K3h. Overall, you just got unlucky. Villain is such a short stack that no matter what happens, you are going to double him up. I think it's a pretty bad call from him pre-flop, and your flop bet is a good size, but even if you bet bigger on the flop, he's not going to fold 2nd pair and nut flush draw, just got unlucky.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I'm not a "poker guru".

But I will share, what I think about this situation.

bluffing with a top pair = is not profitable every time .

You played this hand, as if you had a high ace flush - the absolute nuts .

:)

Your aggression pre-flop - was like by "textbook"- but it did not have any positive effect on your chips. (Some "books" recommend a pre-flop bet from 4BB)

You just "hook up - like a fish" on this top pair. Bet 1/2 pot, post flop.(( To much for me ). I bet min size (1BB), "to get an idea of ​​what's happening around"). EP fold(good), LP call (he/she had some...?).

Well...

...you check on the turn (very bad card for you ) . You seemed to know that you would lose. This was what the check looked like. ( I will check here to.)

Your oponent check back on the turn . ( Looks good for you, but is not .)

The river 9♠ (no help) . Yet, you decided to bet. Hoping your opponent to miss.

(I check the river to ( or min bet). If my oponent push all-in . I will fold.

:(

P.S. You can "judge" me , if you want .

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think when he puts so much of his stack in on this flop we should probably just shove turn. If he has a flush god bless him - he makes a large-ish error putting so much of his stack in on the flop.

As played with him checking back, river shove is definitely mandatory.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I raise bigger preflop. I go to 2000$ . But even then there is no guarantee that K3 Hearts. Folds. Either way the guy turned a flush. That's poker . The river you could get a way from your hand and fold. You only have one pair. Good luck![emoji812]️

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You owned by fish. Its ok ;) Next time you will get his stack with a better hand.

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it good and very standard. Maybe you could bet little bit bigger on the flop as %66 pot, but probably he would still call you and get there. Sometimes they just got there, unlucky dude.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first thought was that they called with KhQh. Being oop puts you in a bad spot with the three way pot. So I don't think a pot size bet would be in your arsenal. Though it would difficult to imagine someone calling with KK+, AK. So maybe you could have bet more, but I don't think they are folding regardless. They called with K3s and when they hit the nut flush draw they will probably just turn into a calling station. Probably just bad luck for you.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here are few of my thoughts on hand:

Preflop: Damn I hate playing AQo from UTG.. But folding it would be too nitty play as well. So considering stacks and position x3 bet sizing is okay I think.

Flop: As we hit an Ace and there're 2 villains in pot and we have the worst position of all, I'd go with a larger bet here. Something between 75% till 100% of pot. Especially if we have thoughts on our villains can be fishy. So if one of them want to chase his/her flush, let them pay a lot for this.

Turn: Heart is a really bad card for us, but we still can be ahead against Ax or even some KJ, KT, as villain sitting on a button, he could call off with a second pair hand trying to improve his hand or perform a bluff action on later streets. On other hand, the villain made a rough mistake IMO calling off at the flop, instead of shoving. As on turn he is pot committed with his stack anyway. So we're, as SPR on turn 0.31. Which means we can not give up this hand anymore.

River: Good bet, as we could still gain value from some hands. And I have no idea what's wrong with those villain, checking turn with 0.3 SPR is ridiculous. I could consider that as a good trap, if we were in deep stacks, but this one just weird move to me. :hmmmm2:

Overall, well played. Got unlucky. However, as I said I would go for larger bet on flop.

Villain seems to be a fish to me, playing K3s even on Button against UTG open-raiser and calling off flop with flush draw but without having enough odds or chips for implied odds, leaving too few chips in stack behind, instead of shoving. Then checking turn with 0.3 SPR. Too many mistakes for one hand to me. Can't be a good player.

D

Drogba_Legend

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a "poker guru".

But I will share, what I think about this situation.

...you check on the turn (very bad card for you ) . You seemed to know that you would lose. This was what the check looked like. ( I will check here to.)

Your oponent check back on the turn . ( Looks good for you, but is not .)

The river 9♠ (no help) . Yet, you decided to bet. Hoping your opponent to miss.

(I check the river to ( or min bet). If my oponent push all-in . I will fold.

:(

P.S. You can "judge" me , if you want .

No judgement. I appreciate your response.:)

Yes. I was afraid of . And what about my river bet... I thought if I would check, he would go all-in, and then I wouldn't know what to do. Because it's freeroll. People can go all-in with any pair, I guess :D. Maybe my decision was stupid.

D

Drogba_Legend

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, thank you for your replies and detailed analyses. It is useful for me. I appreciate that.
Good luck you all.