CO: 38,750 (77.5 bb)
Hero (BTN): 26,303 (52.6 bb)
SB: 59,522 (119 bb)
BB: 4,460 (8.9 bb)
UTG: 17,545 (35.1 bb)
UTG+1: 73,989 (148 bb)

8 players post ante of 50, SB posts 250, BB posts 500

Pre Flop: (pot: 1,150) Hero has :ad4: :qs4:
3 folds, MP+1 calls 500, fold, Hero raises to 2,650, SB calls 2,400, fold, MP+1 calls 2,150

Flop: (8,850, 3 players) :2h4: :jh4: :ac4:
SB checks, MP+1 checks, Hero bets 4,779, fold, MP+1 calls 4,779

Turn: (18,408, 2 players) :6d4:
MP+1 checks, Hero bets 9,940, MP+1 calls 9,940

River: (38,288, 2 players) :4d4:
MP+1 checks, Hero checks

Results: 38,288 pot (0 rake)
Final Board: :2h4: :jh4: :ac4: :6d4: :4d4:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually played a hand similar to this the other day and wound up checking the river. I was in doubt about it as well and still am a bit, my villain had A7. However, your hand is different than mine and I will get to that.

Pre flop I dont think you have to go as big as you did. However, if you can make raises this size with a hand as strong as AQ and have limpers call you then it is a bonus so not saying its bad just saying you dont need to go this large unless you want to.

The flop is fine imo with an obvious betting spot and the sizing seems fine to me although you might want to go just a hair bigger as I will get to on the turn.

Turn is a good card for us, no flush completing and no connectivity with the rest of the board. We know, if my math is right, have almost right at a pot sized bet left. I think here you should stick it in. Draws might call you given this is a freeroll where if they are on a draw and miss river you might not get anything from them other than a check fold. Smaller aces will call you as well here so I think with the heart draw on the board and the way your stack sets up you should make this a two street hand and get it in. Any reasonable size bet here would make you committed to the pot except possibly if a heart comes on the river and even then at that point you might have to call it off.

River, as played, you have 8900 ish left and the pot is 38k. You would not need to worry about a check raise as your bet here would be an all in bet anyway. Villain could still call with smaller Ax here, although now taking out AA from them about half of the potential Axs (5 of 12 using the simple way and not the actual combo way) beat us know. I will say though that if villain had two pair by the turn I think we would have heard about it. So unless they have specifically A4 or unless they completely slowplayed something big I feel you are good here. I would just put it in given we have put in 2/3rds of our stack already. I do understand a check back to a point where if we are wrong we still have almost 18 BBs to fight another hand but given we put so much in and this is a freeroll I think I am going to go for it here and try to get another 18 BBs from villain.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Like the isolation and the big sizing especially in a freeroll. People are going to call you with all sorts of crap, so this is strictly for value. '

Flop
Already at this point we should look ahead and plan the hand. The SPR is a little under 3, so we are never going to fold top pair second kicker. The only question is, how do we get it in? And in general, when there are draws on the board, its often a good line to make it a 2 street hand to take away any implied odds for those draws, which in this case is mainly the flushdraw. So I would go for a rather large C-bet here to set it up, so I can jam turn for less than pot. The alternative is to go a little smaller, than you did, to make it a 3 street hand and still have more than half pot left for the river.

Turn
Even as played we can still jam here, since its only around pot.

River
As played easy jam. If he had a hand better than yours, he would probably have gotten it in on the turn, so his range here is mostly busted draws and worse one pair hands like A7-AT, and maybe he is even still hanging on with hands like KJ or QJ. And because he is going to be getting a fantastic price, if you jam, most if not all those hands are still going to call. Not getting it in here is way to cautious and leaving money on the table.

W

Willyraise13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you know how I get into the PokerStars 50$ tournament that starts in about 5 mins?