$Freeroll NLHE MTT: All-in postflop with AQs

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever you start with less than 10 BB, you should always either fold or go all in before the flop. And with a hand this strong its of course going to be all in. In this case he would have called, and the result would have been the same. But with some weak hands he might fold, and that is better for you, because you increase your stack without having to show down the best hand.

b1ackb0ne

b1ackb0ne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever you start with less than 10 BB, you should always either fold or go all in before the flop. And with a hand this strong its of course going to be all in. In this case he would have called, and the result would have been the same. But with some weak hands he might fold, and that is better for you, because you increase your stack without having to show down the best hand.

Only 2 people before new money jump, so I decided to call, I couldn't fold AQs and didn't feel like it's all-in time, but after flop, I got lured by those 2 hearts tho. Maybe I should trust myself and wait till someone else bust and play aggressively after money jump? Or keep it simple: I see a good card - I go all-in?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regardless of any future money jumps it would have been a huge mistake to fold this hand preflop, and as played it would have been an even bigger mistake to fold on the flop. Sometimes its just your turn to bust in a tournament, and this was such a time.