$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Ako in MP+1 call or fold?

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Would you guys call here a pot size bet?

Villain has played 30 hands: VPIP 53 PFR 13 Limp pre-flop 37 Post-flop AGG 2
pokerstars - 200/400 Ante 40 NL - Holdem - 8 players

MP: 210,264 (525.7 bb)
Hero (MP+1): 45,974 (114.9 bb)
CO: 13,775 (34.4 bb)
BTN: 44,746 (111.9 bb)
SB: 34,246 (85.6 bb)
BB: 70,111 (175.3 bb)
UTG: 20,005 (50 bb)
UTG+1: 82,092 (205.2 bb)

8 players post ante of 40, SB posts 200, BB posts 400

Pre Flop: (pot: 920) Hero has :ac4: :kh4:
2 folds, MP calls 400, Hero raises to 1,200, fold, BTN calls 1,200, SB calls 1,000, fold, MP calls 800

Flop: (5,520, 4 players) :2s4: :6h4: :jh4:
SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (5,520, 4 players) :ah4:
SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks, BTN bets 5,520, 2 folds, Hero folds

Results: 5,520 pot (0 rake)
Final Board: :2s4: :6h4: :jh4: :ah4:

BTN wins 5,520

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop you can go bigger if you want and better to in the long run. It will also cut down on the number of others that jump in the pot. Flop is a good check to me since you are against 3 opponents. You will narrow the amount of opponents by betting there but given two hearts on the board I doubt they are all folding. Better to see a free turn if villain behind cooperates and checks as well which they did.

Getting to the turn which is where your question comes in, I personally dont think this bet is always a flush, especially in a freeroll. On top of that, it is the second straight round where villain has been checked to in position so they could just be bluffing here. Also, they saw you raise pre and then check when an ace came out so they figure you probably dont have an ace. That also leads me to a question of why are we not betting here for value? We have top pair, top kicker, and nut flush draw. We can easily be called here by worse and yes at times we will run into the flush but at this point I think it is safe to say only one player (main villain in the hand) could have a flush here as the other two would not check a flush on the turn imo. You should be betting for value there and then evaluate should you get raised. If villain does have the flush we are behind but implied odds this deep (both over 100 BBs to start the hand) are large especially in a freeroll. This is a call and I dont think I would raise as I would expect (even in a freeroll) that an A7-A10 hand here would fold to us check raising. If you are folding here since you think villain only could have a flush then you are folding way too much of your range as not that you would have played a set this way but you would be folding a set here too then given the line of thought that that bet could only mean flush. I believe there are many hands (including bluffs since it was checked two full rounds to villain) that they could have here that we are ahead or at least get paid massively when another heart comes on the river. You need to call this, especially being this deep.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I would raise a bit bigger like 4 or even 5 BB to thin the field and get more value.

Flop
Against 3 opponents I like to not C-bet but take a free card if possible.

Turn
As 300HPGOD says, you should bet for value here. 2 players have already checked to you, so its very unlikely, they have you beat, and its also difficult for the guy behind you to have you beat. If he flopped a set or top pair, he would most likely have bet the flop when checked to. So he probably dont have hands like AJ, 66 or 22, because they would have bet the flop.

In top of that there are not many logical flush combos, people can even have, when the A, K, J and 6 are all spoken for. This leaves QT, Q9, T9, T8, 98, 97, 87, 75, and after that we are pretty much down to suited junk. And if BTN can have suited junk, he can also have A4 offsuit and not want to fold it, now that he just made top pair. So I think, you are wastly underestimating the strenght of your hand here and panicking to much about 3 hearts on the board, especially because you hold Kh, which gives you the nut flushdraw in case you need it.

For all the reasons stated above, as played when you check to him, and he bet full pot, this is a mandatory call. You just cant give this guy credit for only having hands, that beat you. He can easily be "protection betting" a hand worse than yours like AQ or AT, because he think, he has the best hand, when everybody checks twice. And even if you are behind to a hand like A6 or A2, you have 12 outs to suck out on him. So this check-fold is way to cautious even in a multiway pot.

Folding in Poker