flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey again:)
Preflop- your 2.5x isolate sizing is just too small. With that price everyone can join the point with any two cards. I mean, if they want to call, they'll call, regardless of the sizing but you just giving them a good price for it. I would raise it up to 130-160.
Flop- When BB donks into 4 people with that big bet, I'm more inclined to call than raising but raising here has some merit. Let's say he donks with only 9x, 2pairs,sets, and straights(which is pretty tight range). Even against this we have 43%. So, raising wouldn't be a bad choice but not in this scenario. Also, people on freerolls are mostly calling-stations, so I like the call here.
Turn- is a fold. Our equity against same range of hands dropped by close to a half and villain bets a lot, giving us extrimely bad price to call and we might be only drawing for a club.
I like your postflop play there, but the sizing on preflop is too small.
Posting 2-3 hands per thread should be fine but you might get less answers though.

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. Can someone help with analysis for this hand: https://upswingpoker.com/hand/?pokeit=624m3rtpY
How far can I go with Ace-high flush-draw?
P.S. Can I post more than one hand per thread? I usually have 3-4 hands for analysis and don't want to create alot of threads.

Pre
Definitely going to be raising a single limper here (against multiple, especially EP limpers, we can simply call as well with a hand this strong).

Your size is too small though, way too small. We should be going to 4.5x here at a minimum - $135.

Flop
obviously this flop, hits the BB's range well. So, kind of a tuff spot. Normally, I'd say we should be raising all donks - but that's without figuring in flop texture that hits another range, and our own massive equity with the nut draw.

I'm fine with simply calling here - I think that's fine.

The problem is that we lose the initiative and turn our hand face up. I can be on-board with a raise here as well..... tuff spot honestly.

Turn

As played, fold is definitely correct.

I think sizing pre-flop is the take-away here. $135, $160 pre-flop and we may not face this spot. Although, everyone is fairly deep so maybe we do. Bad spot really and it may come down to a villain specific read. If the SB is a habitual donk-bettor, things change dramatically, otherwise, we just preserve our stack.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with, what everyone is saying here. Your preflop isolation bet is way to small, and this kind of created the whole spot, because it invited this cascade of callers, which is very far from ideal. Postflop however was flawless.

You could raise the flop, but especially in a tournament, where its important to preserve your chips, you dont really want to stack off on the flop with a draw against a flopped set or straight this deep. So calling is slightly better overall. Turn is a clear fold. He is betting very large, you have another guy left to act after you, the math simply does not add up.

Full Flush Poker