Riverschip (UTG+1): 9,370 (47 bb)
Armyman5960 (MP): 14,045 (70 bb)
makisag (MP+1): 8,135 (41 bb)
Ramjet-777 (CO): 3,635 (18 bb)
BOREY (BU): 26,643 (133 bb)
Adel (SB): 4,245 (21 bb)
yogkl (BB): 7,499 (37 bb)

Pre-Flop: (460) Hero (makisag) is MP+1 with 9♠ Q♥
3 players fold, makisag (MP+1) raises to 400, Ramjet-777 (CO) calls 400, 1 fold, Adel (SB) calls 300, yogkl (BB) calls 200

Flop: (1,760) Q♦ T♥ 2♣ (4 players)
Adel (SB) checks, yogkl (BB) bets 200, makisag (MP+1) raises to 400, 2 players fold, yogkl (BB) calls 200

Turn: (2,560) 2♦ (2 players)
yogkl (BB) bets 1,280, makisag (MP+1) calls 1,280

River: (5,120) Q♣ (2 players)
yogkl (BB) bets 2,560, makisag (MP+1) raises to 6,035 (all-in), yogkl (BB) calls 2,839 (all-in)

Total pot: 15,918

Showdown:
makisag (MP+1) shows 9♠ Q♥ (a full house, Queens full of Twos)
(equity - Pre-Flop: 27%, Flop: 5%, Turn: 2%, River: 0%)

yogkl (BB) shows Q♠ T♠ (a full house, Queens full of Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 73%, Flop: 95%, Turn: 98%, River: 100%)

yogkl (BB) wins 15,918

cardschat replayer
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/3qdJosD

What would you do? I think I would do the same again!

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand like you can have around 1300post on forum, be "legend" and do sth like that? You even shouldn't open with this marginal hand! You have top pair, of ourse, but with soooo weak kicker that I'm crying right now when I watch what you did. Fold on the turn, that what you should do, If you couldn't make it preflop. If you can't fold top pair you are weak player and I'm sorry If you feel attacked, but you should feel ashamed.

"I think I would do the same again" ok, do it, when I will be at the table with you :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I would fold this. I generally need at least QJ or Q9s to open a hand from HJ. In this case there were also two players behind you with stacks around 20BB. They can jam on you, in which case you have to fold, so you should actually play a bit tighther if anything. If I open a hand, I dont just make a mini-raise. You get multiway action way to often, and if I open a marginal hand, I really prefer to get no calls at all, or at most one call from the blinds.

Flop
Now BB make a minimum donk bet of just 200 chips into a pot of 1.760. This is just incredibly silly, and I often call them fish bets. I typically ignore these and make a normal C-bet, if this is, what I would have done, had he checked to me. However this is a spot, where I might actually not C-bet. Its 4-ways, and you have top pair with a bad kicker. This is not really a situation, where its great to play a big pot. However if you are going to raise, you need to make it a real raise. Clicking it back to 400 is just as pointless as him betting 200.

Turn
Now he made another donk bet bet after just calling your silly raise on the flop, and this time its a real bet. He is kind of saying, he has a 2 in his hand, but its not that often, that people call preflop with a 2. So even though your hand is mostly a bluffcatcher now, I am also calling here.

River
You made a boat, great! Only hands, that beat you now, are QT (3 combos) and 22 (1 combo). I am also raising here, because he represented a 2 on the turn, and now we actually hope, he has it. Other times he will call with a Q, and we will chop the pot. Unfortunately he did have one of those few combos, that beat you. But that is just a cooler. If you have QT, and he have QX, he is also losing his entire stack to you every single time.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop...fold your hand. Easy game...

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop - fold and it's not even close.
Flop - call and hope that nobody raises. If bet was bigger it should be fold.
Turn - fold. This is a fold by GTO and even faster fold in real life. Bad players that donk like this never bluff and your hand doesn't beat a single value bet.
River - raise allin.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As said already. This is a fold preflop. Too many players left to act.
On the flop I don’t understand your raise.
On the river you can’t really rep QT so I do t understand what you are trying to accomplish by reraising.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop - as many have said - is too loose of an open and is generally a fold. We didnt so we go to a Q hi flop multi way.

Our opponent donks into us on the flop for 200 into 1700...I would raise to 800-1000 here if I am raising at all...my Q is still marginal and my opponent has all the 2 pair hands, smaller sets, straight draw combos and we dont block much of any of that so it only compounds our hand strength issues.

He calls, the turn pairs and he leads again...when he leads into multiple opponents first that's a red flag in itself, but when we calls a raise on the flop and leads the turn into you with a larger bet...this should start to feel REALLY fishy. Normally this would be a sign of incredible strength - however it is a freeroll and god only knows how many ppl would float you with A2 on the flop...that being said. We should start to have alarm bells going off here.

Then the river brings in the Q and he leads into us a 3rd time....even the loosest players ever aren't usually doing this with a 2, so he has to have the Q or better, which in this case would only be 22 or QT - otherwise we are chopping.

No sense in raising the river here to try and push any Q off a chop...no one is ever folding so you arnt getting any additional value from worse Qx hands - you are however value towning yourself vs the two nut hands of QT and 22 - sure enuff this time he happened to have one of them.

So in summary when our villan leads and calls a raise - then leads into us twice more - that should be a sign of extreme strength - and when we get to the river, realize that no Qx is ever folding and that we get no additional value by raising - so the correct play (since we cannot value bet) is to just call. If we get shown 1 of 2 nut hands we are still in, otherwise we are likely chopping or we got value from an overly aggressive 2.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Fold? The positions you are ok to play a 9Q are the late positions, where I was, so this was a right choise.
What about having a 10Q at the big blind, and calling a raise from late position?
And when he sees a 10Q at the flop he bets 1bb? I would reraise at least or go all in. Then he makes a big bet when he sees the second two, but he didn`t have a two.
So I was right for this too.
The point is that he hided the 10.

You cannot play by waiting the AA, KK, and the AK!

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Fold? The positions you are ok to play a 9Q are the late positions, where I was, so this was a right choise.
What about having a 10Q at the big blind, and calling a raise from late position?
And when he sees a 10Q at the flop he bets 1bb? I would reraise at least or go all in. Then he makes a big bet when he sees the second two, but he didn`t have a two.
So I was right for this too.
The point is that he hided the 10.

You cannot play by waiting the AA, KK, and the AK!

You were not in late position, you were at MP. There are many hands between AA, KK and Q9o. If you fold Q9o here, it doesn't mean you fold everything except AA, KK. Find some opening charts and you will see that Q9o is insta fold at HJ. You can play Q9o only if you are huge stack at very late stages of a tournament. that's when you can put pressure on mid-stacks.

Also, what other players do shouldn't bother you. They can play however way they want, you can't justify your moves by that.

L

Luvulongtime99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As many have said above fold pre. In these freerolls IMO you just can not play that wide. You also had 41BB which I think many don't pay enough attention to in freerolls.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I see it refers MID1 but I think it is a late position.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You cannot wait to be huge stacked at very late stages of a tournament to play Q9! And I think these are good positions to try it!!!