$Freeroll NLHE MTT: AA on the button

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I was playing the free cardschat tournament, I was on the button against the two blinds, the BB was at 30, I had AA, I did rasie at 110, the BB paid me, and I lost that hand.
A friend told me to play badly, because I should have been more aggressive with AA, what do you think?

https://www.boomplayer.com/27786919_667E50382E

J

JustSoPro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA will win heads up 80% of the time, you gotta chalk it up as a loss. You don't want to over bet AA pre-flop if you know it's heads up/two players because you want to get some value for it. Decent bet on the flop, but I question you checking the turn(Even though it worked out). The villain wasn't going to go anywhere once he saw that flop as he lucked out top pair, I'm surprised that hand didn't cost you more to be honest.

1dkp0k3r

1dkp0k3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that you played the hand very well. The check on the turn is brilliant, you are either way ahead or way behind. Lost pretty close to the minimum, just a sick beat

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell your friend to watch this hand and learn. Like above said, You played it perfect, cant be much more aggressive than you were and checking that turn is above free roll level play

Bassgeye

Bassgeye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You played it very well, he did nothing wrong either. BB should have expected the button to raise and heads up any 2 cards are live. He hit top pair on the flop and then hit trips. You minimized your losses so kudos.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played this fine. When you play your aces more aggressively in this hand against trips you lose you stack - your friend is wrong.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This situation is always tricky for me. If you played it more aggressively preflop, as your friend suggested, blinds would fold and you would get no action and lose any value you can have with aces.

On the other hand, letting an opponent see cheaply the flop with any two cards, you have the risk of your opponent making two pairs and better.

I believe you played it ok, and lost the minimum with a hand that could end your tourney life.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well played , you could even open raise smaller on the button because u have position.75 to 90 would be also fine. Try to keep the same open amount in order to be hard for your opponents to read your starting hand.

I think that you couldn't fold here with all the missed draws etc. You were just unlucky!