$Freeroll NLHE MTT: A7s 6bling 4 opponents wrong fold?

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am not shure i think it was ok but not shure hence the question call or fold

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

CO (t8,725)
Button (t1,165)
SB (t630)
Hero (BB) (t5,135)
UTG (t14,740)
UTG+1 (t5,510)
MP1 (t3,030)
MP2 (t1,275)
MP3 (t3,815)

Hero's M: 34.23

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7
club.gif
, A
club.gif

2 folds, MP1 raises to t900, 2 folds, CO calls t900, 1 fold, SB calls t580 (All-In), 1 fold

Flop: (t2,530) A
heart.gif
, A
spade.gif
, K
spade.gif
(3 players, 1 all-in)
MP1 checks, CO checks

Turn: (t2,530) 5
spade.gif
(3 players, 1 all-in)
MP1 checks, CO checks

River: (t2,530) A
diamond.gif
(3 players, 1 all-in)
MP1 bets t1,300, 1 fold

Total pot: t2,530

Results below:
SB had Q
diamond.gif
, 9
diamond.gif
(three of a kind, Aces).
MP1 had Q
heart.gif
, Q
spade.gif
(full house, Aces over Queens).
Outcome: MP1 won t2,530

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Your fold is pretty conservative. Not wrong, because A7s is not a great hand to play 3-handed (ignore the small all-in) but more on the conservative side. You should be playing it at least once in a while to see the flop.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would probably call suited for odds and hope to get a FD or a flop like you got but I'm folding A7os all day because that 9x open seems trappy as hell so folding A7s can't be a bad play.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your fold is pretty conservative. Not wrong, because A7s is not a great hand to play 3-handed (ignore the small all-in) but more on the conservative side. You should be playing it at least once in a while to see the flop.

I'm not folding everytime but with the 9 times BB I had the feeling to be behind big time.
of course A7s is not a fold everytime

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not folding everytime but with the 9 times BB I had the feeling to be behind big time.
of course A7s is not a fold everytime
It's a freeroll so keep that in mind as well with the 9bb bet.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a freeroll so keep that in mind as well with the 9bb bet.

so if you say it was conservative and regarding a freeroll a call would not be a bad play in general ?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
so if you say it was conservative and regarding a freeroll a call would not be a bad play in general ?
No, you'd get a flop for a fifth of your stack or so. If you don't hit it hard, you can still get away pretty easily with about 40bb.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like everyone said, it is a freeroll, but because it is a freeroll is why folding is always correct. I think ATs is the very bottom of my calling range there.
Also with MP1 raising third of his stack preflop and 2 calls (one of which is all in), I'm not sure what you're beating with A7s only even if it's a freeroll.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like everyone said, it is a freeroll, but because it is a freeroll is why folding is always correct. I think ATs is the very bottom of my calling range there.
Also with MP1 raising third of his stack preflop and 2 calls (one of which is all in), I'm not sure what you're beating with A7s only even if it's a freeroll.

I have to agree with this. In a four way pot you don't have very good odds of coming out of this with lots of chips. The flop is obviously unfortunate in hindsight, but typically you will probably find yourself in a position where only one A drops and now you look at top pair and chase because it's a freeroll. You can find better situations to be in to win chips, instead of regretting a rare play.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the long run, playing with hands of type Ah will be unprofitable.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
against 9x OR its fold. your hand is heavy dominated. just fold and make note on open raiser

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no reason to be calling here.

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mp1 raise 9х, so it's easy fold in your position.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No reason to call here, unless you are playing at Pokerstars. In that case, your A7 is a favorite against AA, KK, QQ and such. :) Jokes aside, no reason to call, you might as well play bingo in that case

Folding in Poker