$Freeroll NLHE MTT: 99 Fold to tight?

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually don't mind this spot, when someone 4x the BB that usually means they have at least a decent hand that doesn't play too well post flop, and with a call and a 3bet behind in the big blind you really have no idea whats behind you. I'd call with JJ+ or AK but as played, it could have easily been up against 10s+ especially with players left to act, and you'd just have been dominated. Better to not take unnecessary risk with that much action and just fold.

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was this to tight?

It would've helped if you posted the stats of initial raiser and his caller next to him. If any of them is more or less tight then folding would be totally ok. Otherwise you may consider reraising the villain with 4-bet all-in (as it looks like he was going for a squeeze).

D

Don K3yKon6g

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls, beginning tournaments are worth paying up to 4 BB's to see the Flop with any pair. But if you have lots of players trying their luck on all ins preflops it is best to fold.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it was the fold well, there was a lot of action pre flop.
But if you have information or notes of the villains, and you know they are very aggressive players and maniacs, I think you could pay with 99.
GL.

Folding in Poker