$Freeroll NLHE MTT: 100k privilege freeroll

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call with 44 this only on set value. In this board villain always have in range +66 , many broadway with flush draw, your push or call on this board not enough odds, better fold...

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are calling and check-raising the only options? Is folding so obviously inferior that it's not worth considering?

Your straight outs aren't all clean because of the possible flush draw. Hitting a set may well be good, but it seems likely you'll face a turn bet, so unless you improve on the turn, there's a good chance you won't get to see the river. So effectively, you're only drawing to your outs once.

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this tourney is so complicated, at the begining if one doesn´t manage to double twice one is likely going to be busted early, just 1200 chips and ante from the very beginning so most of the times one is under 1000 chips in the first hands and the next ace or pair is the time to push preflop and goodbye if doesn´t get it,

moreover people tend to play very loose (it´s a freeroll) so if you open raise and somebody shoves (probably with only an ace or a low pair or a broadway and sometimes without any of these but sometimes with a monster) if pushes back then one is risking the life in the mtt if doesn´t then the stack dwindles to fast,

so if i were you, i were pushed or folded not called, no chance for that, live or die don´t get in the middle

I

invisile

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are calling and check-raising the only options? Is folding so obviously inferior that it's not worth considering?

Your straight outs aren't all clean because of the possible flush draw. Hitting a set may well be good, but it seems likely you'll face a turn bet, so unless you improve on the turn, there's a good chance you won't get to see the river. So effectively, you're only drawing to your outs once.

In game situation i was so love to my hand and i see already A on the turn and a triple my stack. :D But folding would maybe be the best play if i looked that hand now. Villains had AA and KK, standard preflop in freeroll :)