Freeroll NLHE MTT: $ $ 0.00 to $ 100 day 3 challenge

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I said in the previous post there are some hands that don't even have much to comment on, it's more for the record. But the hands that I have doubts will have the description. Thank you for the patience.

Well, this one needless to say, normal. Not that I care or that I'm valuing bad bet, but as I had already separated and this hand practically took me out of the tournament.
Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - 15/30 - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat
nevermesswithme (UTG): 2,500 (83 bb)
T1tpfdc5 (UTG+1): 1,869 (62 bb)
1MilhaoSemNada (MP): 2,500 (83 bb)
Whaevoz (MP+1): 2,500 (83 bb)
je_otramas (LP): 3,176 (106 bb)
Cash4PokerCOM (CO): 2,500 (83 bb)
fernandovr (BU): 2,485 (83 bb)
Tbone461 (SB): 2,470 (82 bb)
lcid86dr (BB): 2,500 (83 bb)
Pre-Flop: (45) Hero (1MilhaoSemNada) is MP with K K
1 fold, T1tpfdc5 (UTG+1) raises to 86, 1MilhaoSemNada (MP) 3-bets to 303, Whaevoz (MP+1) calls 303, 5 players fold, T1tpfdc5 (UTG+1) 4-bets to 1,869 (all-in), 1MilhaoSemNada (MP) 5-bets to 2,500 (all-in), 1 fold
Flop: (4,086) 5 T 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)
Turn: (4,086) Q (2 players, 2 all-in)
River: (4,086) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)
Total pot: 4,086
Showdown:
1MilhaoSemNada (MP) shows K K (two pair, Kings and Fives)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 82%, Flop: 92%, Turn: 5%, River: 0%)
T1tpfdc5 (UTG+1) shows Q Q (a full house, Queens full of Fives)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 18%, Flop: 8%, Turn: 95%, River: 100%)
T1tpfdc5 (UTG+1) wins 4,086

This hand I confess that I was very angry, but it happens. I'm just posting what really happened these days. But then, in the following days they will have much more interesting hands to discuss.

Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - 50/100 - 9 players
PRO100VITALIK (UTG): 1,212 (12 bb)
Maverickbra (UTG+1): 2,940 (29 bb)
mmmmiiikke (MP): 12,167 (122 bb)
Ac156519 (MP+1): 2,611 (26 bb)
kevinvirkus (LP): 2,870 (29 bb)
bodiroga (CO): 8,514 (85 bb)
DALE44444 (BU): 3,865 (39 bb)
SentiHx (SB): 9,714 (97 bb)
1MilhaoSemNada (BB): 2,837 (28 bb)
Pre-Flop: (150) Hero (1MilhaoSemNada) is BB with T A
5 players fold, bodiroga (CO) raises to 225, 1 fold, SentiHx (SB) calls 175, 1MilhaoSemNada (BB) 3-bets to 640, 1 fold, SentiHx (SB) calls 415
Flop: (1,505) 2 A 6 (2 players)
SentiHx (SB) checks, 1MilhaoSemNada (BB) bets 602, SentiHx (SB) calls 602
Turn: (2,709) K (2 players)
SentiHx (SB) checks, 1MilhaoSemNada (BB) bets 1,595 (all-in), SentiHx (SB) calls 1,595
River: (5,899) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: 5,899
Showdown:
1MilhaoSemNada (BB) shows T A (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 72%, Flop: 84%, Turn: 86%, River: 0%)
SentiHx (SB) shows 8 A (two pair, Aces and Eights)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 28%, Flop: 16%, Turn: 14%, River: 100%)
SentiHx (SB) wins 5,899

This hand in the 3-handed OTR Freroll, who would fold? only the first would win the ticket. This day was very frustrating, I still got high to protect myself and all I wanted was to go allin on the flop with that board, the strength of AA blinded me that I didn't even have a read on the villain's hand ...

Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - 750/1,500 (150 ante) - 3 players

B00TH1LLMAN (BU): 105,302 (70 bb)
1MilhaoSemNada (SB): 52,247 (35 bb)
tiagoalves83 (BB): 186,951 (125 bb)
Pre-Flop: (2,700) Hero (1MilhaoSemNada) is SB with A A
1 fold, 1MilhaoSemNada (SB) raises to 4,050, tiagoalves83 (BB) calls 2,550
Flop: (8,550) Q 9 J (2 players)
1MilhaoSemNada (SB) bets 6,413, tiagoalves83 (BB) raises to 12,826, 1MilhaoSemNada (SB) raises to 48,047 (all-in), tiagoalves83 (BB) calls 35,221
Turn: (104,644) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)
River: (104,644) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: 104,644
Showdown:
1MilhaoSemNada (SB) shows A A (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 83%, Flop: 4%, Turn: 0%, River: 0%)
tiagoalves83 (BB) shows 8 T (a straight, Eight to Queen)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 17%, Flop: 96%, Turn: 100%, River: 100%)
tiagoalves83 (BB) wins 104,644

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The KK and AT hands are just bad beats. You got it in ahead, but the opponents drew out on you. It is, what it is. 3-betting ATo is a little aggressive, but when you got called by A8, its almost for value, so I have no problem with it.

In the AA hand I would try to get more chips in the pot preflop. If the opponent was aggressive, then a limp-reraise is a great play blind vs. blind. If he just knocked his option a lot against a small blind limp, then I would raise it up, but I would go much larger. Your sizing is like, you are almost begging him to get involved and put you in tough situations postflop.

If you go larger, you create a smaller SPR on the flop, where AA is a much more automatic stack off. If on the other hand you had limped, and he knocked his option, then the SPR would be more than 10, and then its certainly possible to get away from an overpair without going broke. So for me the issue is, that you created an SPR, which was to in between and not very favourable for your hand.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The KK and AT hands are just bad beats. You got it in ahead, but the opponents drew out on you. It is, what it is. 3-betting ATo is a little aggressive, but when you got called by A8, its almost for value, so I have no problem with it.

In the AA hand I would try to get more chips in the pot preflop. If the opponent was aggressive, then a limp-reraise is a great play blind vs. blind. If he just knocked his option a lot against a small blind limp, then I would raise it up, but I would go much larger. Your sizing is like, you are almost begging him to get involved and put you in tough situations postflop.

If you go larger, you create a smaller SPR on the flop, where AA is a much more automatic stack off. If on the other hand you had limped, and he knocked his option, then the SPR would be more than 10, and then its certainly possible to get away from an overpair without going broke. So for me the issue is, that you created an SPR, which was to in between and not very favourable for your hand.

I have no words to thank you man!
Could you explain better how SPR reading works? one of the few statistics that I don't understand very well ...

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello my dear, in the posts of the hands of the 4th and 5th there are some much more complex hands that I really had very big doubts

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I welcome everyone! A question for experts! Now the Biggest satellites are coming to the PS! I won a $ 5.5 ticket. if I leave it and the promotion ends will the ticket remain with me or will it burn out ???

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could you explain better how SPR reading works? one of the few statistics that I don't understand very well ...

SPR mean stack to pot ratio. Its measured on the flop, and if the pot is for instance 1.000, and the shortest stack (effective stack) is 3.500, then the SPR is 3,5. Big starting hands generally prefer a low SPR, while speculative hands like small pairs or suited connectors prefer a deep SPR.

As for how to exactly use SPR, people will have different opinions, and its also very situational, so it makes no sense to try and make firm rules. But basically the lower the SPR, the more willing you should be to get it in with a strong but not nutted hand. And the deeper the SPR, the more willing you should be to fold the same kind of hand, because you might only be getting it in against better hands.

With the AA hand specifically the SPR was around 6, which is a very awkward spot with a overpair on such a wet connected board. If SPR was lower like 3-4, then you can basically just get it in and expect to win often enough against a fairly wide range. And if SPR was deeper like 10 or more, its much more easy to fold AA, if the opponent wants to stack off. An SPR of 6 is just in that grey zone, where its not really clear, how a hand like AA should be played on this kind of board.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very difficult to reset AA when a huge pot has already been formed, and our remaining stack is a little more than 20 BB. I would play also, because we need to protect his top pair from the numerous draws and top pairs. You can only fold here against a player who plays 3-bet exclusively with monsters and never plays semi-bluff aggressively.

Last edited:
Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its already been stated that the KK and AT hands are basically coolers and there's nothing we can do about the runouts so there really is no need to even post them since there is nothing to review...nothing can be learned from a cooler situation, it is what it is, pick up the pieces and move on.

The AT hand for me would've been a jam preflop - facing a button open and sb call - on 27bb to start the hand, im just ripping it in here. Great spot for the squeeze, lots of worse hands calling us off, etc. Plug it into icmizer and you will see its a fine jam. That being said the 3bet isn't a terrible option at all - but your sizing is much to small here out of position...you are laying your villans much too good of a price to fold with all that dead money in the pot. OOP vs just one villan our 3b sizing should be 3.5-4x in general - as stack sizes do get smaller we can use more dynamic sizing but thats a subject for another day.

The AA hand i don't necessarily think is a quickly go broke spot - i think our bet on this flop is a mistake and i think that our 3b jam over the top on this flop is a mistake...

This board texture is EXTREMELY wet and lots of turn cards can change everything here...IF we also have the Ah which is relevant and we shouldn't fear a small heart too much on the turn -- the issue here is we are already up against quite a few made straights, we are up against quite a few 2 pair combos and we are up against even more single pair + draw combos... KQ, KJ, QT, JT, 9T, AT, etc.

Break it down in terms of ranges and you will see most of what makes up a PFR calling range is broadway card combos -- take that range and compare it to this board and you will see that it connects ridiculously well with this flop. As played, i dont think i am calling the raise on the flop...even ifweare technically ahead vs a single pair with a draw our equity is terrible in the hand and it will be difficult to get to showdown with the winner...villans should not be raising our stack size here too lightly on this flop knowing we will stack off with many of our strong holdings.

So in conclusion - I would check-call AAs on this flop - check-call the turn quite often as well, and then likely check-call alot of rivers depending on sizing...if our villan puts me all in on the river, I would be hard pressed to find my AAs good as alot of marginal top pair and 2nd pair holdings should just take their hands to showdown rather than blast all 3 streets.

Hands like these are where people always whine about their AAs being cracked when in reality they simply over valued their overpair and played them poorly. Kudos to you for not crying about going broke here.

Hope this is helpful.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Jon Poker, that the AA hand should be played as a check on the flop. Many beginners instinctively want to bet "for protection" in a spot like this, but when you think about Villains range, then a bet and especially a large bet allow him to play pretty close to perfect. He is going to fold hands, that are drawing near dead, like A5 or 44, and when he continues, he is either ahead already or have loads of equity. So ideally we would like the flop to go check-check, and then to see a low offsuit card on the turn like 2s or 5c. Only then can we be really confident, that we are ahead and start to go for value.

In this situation, where he flopped a straight, he would obviously not have checked back. But then we go into check-call mode and probably give it up, if Villain puts us all in. In that hypothetical situation we dont beat much if any value, and we also have bad removal. We block AQ, which is a hand, he might overvalue, and we dont block any two pair or straights. So if we think about contructing a proper defense range, its actually better to call down with KK rather than AA. And if the opponent is capable of bluffing, its also better to call with a hand like QT, because then we block even more straights and also some two pair.