Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would stop shoving with an "M" of 20.

Not all hands - but hands that rank to be the best at the table.

The structure is the most important thing here.

although shoving is unexploitable.. when all of a sudden you choose to just open raise 2.5 or 3x with a monster pr. you're not going to get action. If you're going to be openshoving AQ w 20-ish bb's on this table, you may as well shove your entire range to have some deception with ur monsters.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No, how about shove when you have a good hand and fold when you have a bad hand? Yea, that makes more sense.

Who said anything about raising small to steal with any two?

Was he actually raising small with any two? You'd be priced in to call.. sounds like a big spew to me. Shove good.. fold bad.. not too bad imo, lol.

wrung24

wrung24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably call & cry when I see AK,lol.

Lol I can see myself doing the exact same thing.

Thanks for the feedback, these spots are not my speciality at all. So I make the right call but not for the right reasons, hmmm, interesting, ....

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damnit PO, why didn't you post all this M stuff earlier, maybe I wouldn't have busted out of the CC freeroll on Titan :(

atlanta : I'll be honest here, I suck at mtt's. But open shoving with those stacks...you almost never get called by better.

Even if someone calls with 55, you're still behind, so what's the point? The blinds you steal earlier won't matter because you're flipping for your stack now.

I'm curious, what results has this strategy yielded you in mtts? Good ROI over a decent sample or not?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be great if you could...SNG wizard should work, just make it an SNG where 1 player gets paid, if that is even possible in the software...

Nah, it will only give you insight if open shoving or re-stealing is profitable. And of course open shoving AQo with 20BB's is going to be profitable from most positions, depeding on payout structures, ICM tax, bubble etc.