Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
HU Tournament
Buy-in
Freeroll
Currency
$
I was very tempted to call my opponent's All In as I had two pair, but due to being spooked by the raise and thinking they very likely had trips, I folded. My question is, did I make the right call or should I had taken the gamble and called?

It's worth noting that I began to bleed chips after this and didn't recover.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
This is way to wide UTG. You need at least a hand like T9s to get involved here, and then you should raise rather than limp-call.

Flop
I dont like leading AKA "donk betting" here. The problem is, all better hands call or raise, and most worse hands fold except for good draws, that have a lot of equity. So its like asking the opponents "hey would you like to play perfect?" You should not be in this hand, but lets say you got a good price to defend your big blind and saw this flop 3-ways. Then the play is to check and call a reasonable bet from either opponent. This allow them to bluff and keep their range wider.

Turn
You picked up a flushdraw, but you already have a made hand, and its difficult to get many worse hands to call, if you bet again. So the play here is still to check and call. You do bet though, and now the opponent jam. This is now a pure math decision, and its somewhat close. You need around 20% equity to call, and on an unpaired board you would easily have that. But when the top card has paired, you cant beat a J by hitting a T or 6, and you can only beat an overpair by hitting a T. Or of course a flush card. Finally there is also a small risk, you could be drawing complete dead against JT or have just 4 outs against 44. But on the other side there is also a small chance, you are actually ahead of a hand like KQ or 98. So having dug yourself this deep in, I think, it is a small mistake to fold now.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was very tempted to call my opponent's All In as I had two pair, but due to being spooked by the raise and thinking they very likely had trips, I folded. My question is, did I make the right call or should I had taken the gamble and called?

It's worth noting that I began to bleed chips after this and didn't recover.

Thank you for posting---One of the keys to poker is understanding ranges based on position but also our skill level.
T6s UTG is very difficult to have a strong long term ROI when played UTG-even more so when we do not know the best post flop strategies on all boards
Therefore a very simple winning plan for you at this stage of your experience is to play a much tighter range from UTG or any Early Position- Below is a simple GTO based chart at 40bb-red is raise- white is fold

40bb gto

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
This is way to wide UTG. You need at least a hand like T9s to get involved here, and then you should raise rather than limp-call.

Flop
I dont like leading AKA "donk betting" here. The problem is, all better hands call or raise, and most worse hands fold except for good draws, that have a lot of equity. So its like asking the opponents "hey would you like to play perfect?" You should not be in this hand, but lets say you got a good price to defend your big blind and saw this flop 3-ways. Then the play is to check and call a reasonable bet from either opponent. This allow them to bluff and keep their range wider.

Turn
You picked up a flushdraw, but you already have a made hand, and its difficult to get many worse hands to call, if you bet again. So the play here is still to check and call. You do bet though, and now the opponent jam. This is now a pure math decision, and its somewhat close. You need around 20% equity to call, and on an unpaired board you would easily have that. But when the top card has paired, you cant beat a J by hitting a T or 6, and you can only beat an overpair by hitting a T. Or of course a flush card. Finally there is also a small risk, you could be drawing complete dead against JT or have just 4 outs against 44. But on the other side there is also a small chance, you are actually ahead of a hand like KQ or 98. So having dug yourself this deep in, I think, it is a small mistake to fold now.
hats off to you for having energy to reply to these. . . LEGEND

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for posting---One of the keys to poker is understanding ranges based on position but also our skill level.
T6s UTG is very difficult to have a strong long term ROI when played UTG-even more so when we do not know the best post flop strategies on all boards
Therefore a very simple winning plan for you at this stage of your experience is to play a much tighter range from UTG or any Early Position- Below is a simple GTO based chart at 40bb-red is raise- white is fold

View attachment 320394
imo we dont want to play anything close even to this chart. reason being we stuck playing oop a lot and rarely happy to play for stacks with QJs ATo etc
Hope this helps and Good Luck!