Fold or Raise to big stack bully?

FatLane

FatLane

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This situation seems to be my biggest weakness. I just don't know what to do in these situations. I'm usually overly tight or overly agressive.

Full Tilt Poker Game #6634247354: $3 + $0.30 KO Sit & Go (50424131), Table 6 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 4:51:40 ET - 2008/05/31
Seat 1: winsome4 (5,400)
Seat 2: POKERPON (6,075)
Seat 3: StraightDuecin (16,240)
Seat 4: Lord Fuzz Butt (5,970)
Seat 5: NO1HARD (1,855)
Seat 6: jamasula (2,770)
Seat 8: Dididart (8,775)
Seat 9: AngeLaLa (3,520)
winsome4 posts the small blind of 100
POKERPON posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lord Fuzz Butt [Js As]
StraightDuecin has reconnected
StraightDuecin raises to 400
Lord Fuzz Butt has 15 seconds left to act
Lord Fuzz Butt raises to 800
NO1HARD folds
jamasula folds
Dididart folds
AngeLaLa folds
winsome4 folds
POKERPON folds
StraightDuecin calls 400
*** FLOP *** [7s 4h Ts]
StraightDuecin bets 600
Lord Fuzz Butt has 15 seconds left to act

Fold or Raise?

The villain here had a big stack advantage over the entire table and was continually throwing his chips around. He was playing every hand loosely and agressively.

Should I save my chips for later, or should I stand up to this bully?

S

sliver101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ild call my reason being he min raised utg called ur bet leaving him oop both actions say i have something on a scrappy flop he priced u in with a raise of 600 u have a flush draw if u hit bingo if u miss u can get away with an ok stack if u raise an he reraises ur almost certainly committed on a a hi fl draw its not a bad spot but ild prefer a better one b4 going all i

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't fold with 2 overcards and the nut FD. Either raise or shove. You are a 55:45 favourite vs one pair fyi and he could very well be doing this with nothing...

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Triple his bet to 1200. See if he bites.
Check shove the flush if it hits.

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Triple his bet to 1200. See if he bites.
Check shove the flush if it hits.

triple to 1200..nice math...:D

raise or call here..there is no fold..if ur raising ur pushin, and ur a favorite to anything other than a set or overpair to board:cool:

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
triple to 1200..nice math...:D

raise or call here..there is no fold..if ur raising ur pushin, and ur a favorite to anything other than a set or overpair to board:cool:

oops... :eek: Mind and fingers not working together.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ild call my reason being he min raised utg called ur bet leaving him oop both actions say i have something on a scrappy flop he priced u in with a raise of 600 u have a flush draw if u hit bingo if u miss u can get away with an ok stack if u raise an he reraises ur almost certainly committed on a a hi fl draw its not a bad spot but ild prefer a better one b4 going all i

Couldn't have said it any better. The AJsooooooted is a good hand, -IF- it hits on the turn or river. Call and stay in the hand. If it's 55/45 as feitr says, a push only says you WILL LOSE 450,000 out of 1,000,000 or so hands. Lady Luck is not my favorite railer.

OP wrote: "I'm usually overly tight or overly agressive." Excellent description. A fold is overly tight and a push is overly aggressive, imo.

FatLane

FatLane

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I remember. I couldn't remember why I marked this hand for later review. When posting this hand I overlooked (forgot) that I was on a flush draw. Now I remember my dilema with this hand.

My original post should have been - Call or Push?

I had only been at this table for a few hands, and this villain had been involved in every one of them. Each of his opponents was sooner or later faced with an all-in decision. I knew that eventually I would be facing an all-in bet from this guy.

The question... Should I call and allow him the possibility to pair up which would be more than enough for him put me all in on the turn. Or should I be the one to initiate the all-in and make him decide?

BrentD22

BrentD22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand is a great example of why people need to learn the math of poker. 2 over cards and a flush draw your a favorite over 1 pair and a big fav. over nothing which he very well might have nothing. If he had something he wouldn't want to bet 600 cause it won't get you off many hands at this point unless you had 66 or similar.

I would call this bet and even call a smallish bet on the turn as well cause even at that point your still not a huge dog if you don't hit the flush or one of your cards.

G

GivPeace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A push here is not bad but for this early in a tournament it is not really necessary, plus you have an over aggressive player when your on the nut flush draw lets not lose a customer. If I am going to make a move here I would make a play on the turn if he bets 1800 and up and you move all in, you at worst make the pot odds 2/1 for him to call he should fold.

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this point in the hand. Since you have nothing but a draw. I would think the most important thing is to control the pot size.

To push here is the wrong move.

Call, and wait.

---

NobleTruths

NobleTruths

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would reraise 600. As Brent said, you are the favorite over one pair. If you hit flush, or even your ace, on the turn he will probably disappear. You want to get more of his chips NOW. If he OTT.....EXCELLENT!!! Get your chips in the middle when you are ahead, isnt that the point of the game?

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely not a fold. Either take his bet and raise to 1800+ or flat call. I personally do flat call, since I don't have a read on him. If I did have a read, I could easily shove this flop if I know I have 2 live cards + flush draw. Good chance it'd be a +EV shove....

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im whould probly shove or make it 1800 your crushing his range and a shove is most likly EV+.
I dont like to call since your probly ahead here but if you hit a blank on the turn your behind again

Folding in Poker