Flopped Broadway, Royal Draw

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you can see, this was a dream flop...now how to extract the most value?

full tilt poker Game #6087274597: $24 + $2 KO Sit & Go (46334623), Table 2 - 120/240 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:08:20 ET - 2008/04/18
Seat 1: KU (3,866)
Seat 2: tzoven (6,105)
Seat 3: no1devil (725)
Seat 4: kaci x (6,915)
Seat 6: The Shrog (12,100)
Seat 7: ohskeeter3 (4,555)
Seat 8: CambodianQueen (3,140)
Seat 9: scurzo (8,825)
KU antes 25
tzoven antes 25
no1devil antes 25
kaci x antes 25
The Shrog antes 25
ohskeeter3 antes 25
CambodianQueen antes 25
scurzo antes 25
kaci x posts the small blind of 120
The Shrog posts the big blind of 240
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to The Shrog [Ad Qd]
ohskeeter3 raises to 720
CambodianQueen folds
scurzo folds
KU folds
tzoven folds
no1devil folds
kaci x calls 600
The Shrog has 15 seconds left to act
The Shrog calls 480
*** FLOP *** [Jd Td Kh]
kaci x checks
The Shrog checks
ohskeeter3 bets 960
kaci x folds
The Shrog has 15 seconds left to act

?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm voting for the smooth call here. At the point of your post you had already 'gone into the tank' as they say, so you did the soul searching delay thing.

He will put you on a draw with a smooth call, any raise will suggest a made hand, but he may have a real hand, or he may be stealing here.

On occasion a min raise here will make him think you are trying to resteal. I use the min raise here to occasionally remind players that at heart I am still a total donk.;) But I think you would want him to fire at this again.

You provide no reads on villain, and it is unclear how he might react to a normal raise, to 1200 or so. It might cause him to shove back, or it might shut him down.

This time smooth call, next time min raise.

widowmaker89

widowmaker89

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have any information on the guy? I would have probably made a little bet on the flop, he would most likely raise you and commit himself. The only way that wont work is if he has a smaller pair, but chances are the flop hit him. If he has a smaller pair I doubt you can get anymore unless you call check and he takes another stab at it. If the flop hit him it probably doesnt matter what you do he is pretty low stacked and will probably get in either way. I would say smooth call and maybe even check again then throw a value bet on the river if he checks, he wil almost have to call if it hit him since you may have missed the flush and can be bullying him around.
You arent giving him a free card here cause there is no way you are folding this hand and anything he has that can beat you isnt folding it either so no reason to worry about that.

J

Jevren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he probably had 2 pair ks and js but still if he had pocket 10s js ks he woulda made only 3 of a kind, he would have 7 outs to hit a quad or full house, u had a straight, and a flush and a straight flush draw at the same time, i woulda pushed all in as he is 1:3 compared to ur stack, and it woulda costed him to see what was next big time, the pushin all in woulda have actually worked here, because if you knocked him out you woulda won money, but if he got something on the turn or river u would've only lost 4k and still b 2nd in chips at the table my take on it though

widowmaker89

widowmaker89

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My point is you arent giving a free card if both people would go all in with their hand regardless of what comes. It doesnt matter what card comes because you and he will go all in regardless. This is of course only if he has a hand that can beat you.