My first tourney since I joined CC

S

shagnscoob

Total posts
Alright, this was in a live tournament game with my friends, after spending more than a few hours reading here and in the books. We were playing no-limit hold em, I don't remember what the blinds were during the hand, somewhere around 50/100, and 2 people had already been knocked out so we were down to 5 players.

I've got A-A in small-blind, the button (big stack, probably 3 times the size of mine and im second biggest, seems to be pretty loose, has been calling to river with almost any facecard-rag since he became big stack) calls, table folds to me, I put in a pretty big raise, maybe 1/4 of my chips. BB folds, and button calls.

Flop is Q-J-blank rainbow. I put in another huge bet, so I'd say a little more than half my stack is in the pot, he puts me all-in and I call.

Did I make the right decision?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I would have shoved immediately on the turn but as played I would have done the same.

wislim

wislim

Enthusiast
Total posts
some more info on stack sizes and payout structure would help more but with info at hand shove any flop

S

shagnscoob

Total posts
I don't remember exactly what our stack sizes were but he definitely had me by at least 3 times, payout structure was first place takes all.