My first tourney since I joined CC

S

shagnscoob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright, this was in a live tournament game with my friends, after spending more than a few hours reading here and in the books. We were playing no-limit hold em, I don't remember what the blinds were during the hand, somewhere around 50/100, and 2 people had already been knocked out so we were down to 5 players.

I've got A-A in small-blind, the button (big stack, probably 3 times the size of mine and im second biggest, seems to be pretty loose, has been calling to river with almost any facecard-rag since he became big stack) calls, table folds to me, I put in a pretty big raise, maybe 1/4 of my chips. BB folds, and button calls.

Flop is Q-J-blank rainbow. I put in another huge bet, so I'd say a little more than half my stack is in the pot, he puts me all-in and I call.

Did I make the right decision?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have shoved immediately on the turn but as played I would have done the same.

wislim

wislim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some more info on stack sizes and payout structure would help more but with info at hand shove any flop

S

shagnscoob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't remember exactly what our stack sizes were but he definitely had me by at least 3 times, payout structure was first place takes all.