CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first stop towards "Poker After Dark"

First I wanna show you guys some hands.

This is one of the wackiest hands I've ever been involved in. Needless to say I lost this one. An A-A, K-K, Q-Q and J-J in one hand.

Picture2.png

In this hand I had the fives and they let me through to the turn cheap. I hit the five. See my rule in my sig. Also, there were a cupla spades out there so I pushed. Didn't work and the flushmonger hung with me. This one wudda hurt my chances for sure had I lost. The five turned up and all I could see was the spade. Didn't even notice the box set. I thought he made his flush. Then the machine started handed me the duckets. WOW. Cool one huh?

Picture3.png

I entered the final table in a commanding position

Picture4.png

Here's my proof.... :D

Picture7.png

-

Last edited:
S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOOP, very well done. The first hand isnt that wacky, pock kings pock queens (seen before) a rag ace and q high, you will get a lot of hands like that at 1 table during a tourny

soccerfreakjj10

soccerfreakjj10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gl gl gl gl gl in round 2

post the results please

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got taken down (sucked out) at position 18 with a huge stack. Got a little too aggressive (greedy). I cudda coasted to the money. All 9 of the final table wudda qualified. :deal:

K-K against 9-9. He rivered a 9. :eek:

Oh well. On to the next one. :icon_sant

-

soccerfreakjj10

soccerfreakjj10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ouch that is a harsh beat!

but how tall stacked were you, as compared to the blinds and the other players?

Could you have coasted to the final table, and a seat into the next tournament?

I think if you could have coasted your way to the seat you should be folding any two cards, even AA if you are certain you can fold your way in.

But $#!+ happens, tough beat with the premium hand obviously, gl in the next one.

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ouch that is a harsh beat!

but how tall stacked were you, as compared to the blinds and the other players?

Could you have coasted to the final table, and a seat into the next tournament?

I think if you could have coasted your way to the seat you should be folding any two cards, even AA if you are certain you can fold your way in.

But $#!+ happens, tough beat with the premium hand obviously, gl in the next one.
Yep, cudda coasted.

My fault.

-

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even when you can coast though, it is still hard to lay down those premium hands

soccerfreakjj10

soccerfreakjj10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even when you can coast though, it is still hard to lay down those premium hands

VERY true, but I have heard of some top Internet pros folding even pocket aces when they are sure they can coast. They do this because even the overpair can get cracked (as it did.)

Also it may be okay to play the kings against a shorter stack, but if you could coast to the seat, and your opponent had more chips than you, I do not believe there is ANY HAND anybody should play simply because your opponent can eliminate you. The risk factor of being eliminated far outweighs becoming the monster chip leader.

Not a critique of you anymore zigzag you live and you learn, just satellite strategy in general here. (I did the same think you did here: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-hand-analysis-51/stealing-button-high-blinds-98634/) As you can see I made a similar mistake as you, even worse actually! But towards the bottom of the thread there is some good advice for satellites.

Now if this was a cash tourney of course you play the KK as you did...