Blinds 1500/3000

Dealt to hero in MP: QQ

UTG raises to 9000
1 fold
Hero raises to 25,000
Villian goes all in for 85,000
All fold
Hero ??

Villian is a good player. You'd have to think the only hand that can make this move is AA/KK. Is this an easy fold, or is there any possibility I'm ahead or it's an excellent bluff?

T

TamasAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
id let it go...he has no reason to go all in here apart from if he has a monster...id imagine hero will be calling anyway after he felt he was strong enough to re-raise your utg raise...

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain's play is super strong. He's going up against an UTG raiser and the only guy who has him outchipped who reraised the UTG guy. I put his range as AA/KK/QQ. He'd be risking some serious money by moving weak or bluffing here. I think it's a clear fold.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if I could fold this myself. What are the payouts and the rest of the stacks?

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st - £295
2nd - £150
3rd - £105
4th - £75
5th - £55
6th - £35
7th - £25

The rest of the stacks, I can't exactly remember. There were 340,000 chips in play.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
short handed, anything can happen...

The first raise, [anything], 2nd raise ppA/ppK, 3rd raise, ppA/ppK, gettin some. Fold.

At showdown, pp3 vs. pp7, has the better flush, and wins!

Seriously, fold, play preflop, and play even better postflop poker...

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need reads on Villain to decide this. Has he been reraising a lot previously? If not, clear fold, if yes, you may want to consider calling here.

BTW, given the steep payout structure, we are not entirely unhappy if we race QQ vs. AK here. We only need to fold is we think villain's range is mostly KK+.

ABorges

ABorges

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very bad spot to be in. depends a lot on your read on him. If he's been tight and building a chipstack only with monsters you can be sure this has to be a very good hand. I'd also notice how much time he took to push. If he was quick he's range is probably KK+, AKo+. He could be also pushing JJ if he really thought for a while. Let's see how you fare against his tightest range.

He could only have 28 hands (6 ways of AA, 6 ways of KK and 16 ways of AK). So 12 times you'll have around 20% equity and 16 times 50%. We do some math and calculate you have somewhere in the line of 37% equity against his range.

You're getting somewhere along 2.2 to 1 to call (I figure there are antes). You need better then 1.7 to 1 (63/37) to make it a profitable one. Therefore, even though it's marginal, it's correct to call here. Throw in some JJs in his range and you do even better against that.

Of course, it's tough having this battle against a stack this big, but think how often you'll win the whole tourney when you win this hand. I think I made all the calculations correctly, I may be wrong... point out anything you like. Gotta go, I'll be back in a few hours =)

mickmate

mickmate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i probably wouldnt have re-raised with QQ,no need, just wait for the flop then if your other queen comes out push all in, but by him going all in after your raise should tell you he's got a decent hand

chikiloka

chikiloka

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually reraise allin, but in final table, and in second place in chips... im fold, easy fold, lol

chikiloka

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback. After a couple of minutes deliberation I folded this. Given that I was the only one on the table who could knock him out I had to put him on AA/KK as this move is far too risky otherwise.

It actually ended up with us 2 heads up in the end and we discussed the hand. He said he had KK. I went on to win the thing so I'm glad I folded that hand because I'll have probably have been going home in 8th had I called :)