Elimination in a cruel way

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That night was fun, some bad beats that sometimes happen, all very normal, however, I'll post a very atypical hahaaa.

WinstonXS: is all in 2.780
carmenzu: folds
Larson790: folds
AllinIgorM: calls 2.780
RIONILO: folds
YeTi1888: calls 2.280
bigdoggg325: folds
*** FLOP *** [3d,Kh,Qd]
YeTi1888: checks
AllinIgorM: checks
*** TURN *** [Qs]
*** RIVER *** [Qc]
YeTi1888: bets 4.020
AllinIgorM: is all in 12.960
YeTi1888: calls 8.940
AllinIgorM: shows [Ks Kd]
YeTi1888: shows [Jd Qh]
WinstonXS: shows [As 5h]
***SHOW DOWN***
YeTi1888 wins 25.920 with Four of a Kind Queens
***SHOW DOWN***
YeTi1888 wins 10.040 with Four of a Kind Queen

Gentlemen, I had a very strong hand, so I'm going to explain why I played it that way.
From my point of view, I call, would attract another player who played some speculative hands, and I knew I could extract as much chips from him. And the flop, came perfect, I had the crack of KK, just checked, and another Q doubled on the turn, making my full house, on the river hit another Q, then the opponent put me practically in all in with his raise, and I bet all the chips, I thought to me: he must have a pair of seas that would not overcome my hand , and to my surprise, he had the court of Q. I was in 6th at that time, missing 4 people for the awards, but it is part of the game and I'm happy because I tried to do my best.
Gentlemen, how would you play, did I do the right thing or wrong?
I'm waiting for your opinion until later.
Good luck at the tables!

Attachments

• 2020-12-10.jpg
    2020-12-10.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 52
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That night was fun, some bad beats that sometimes happen, all very normal, however, I'll post a very atypical hahaaa.

WinstonXS: is all in 2.780
carmenzu: folds
Larson790: folds
AllinIgorM: calls 2.780
RIONILO: folds
YeTi1888: calls 2.280
bigdoggg325: folds
*** FLOP *** [3d,Kh,Qd]
*** TURN *** Q♠
*** RIVER *** Q♣
YeTi1888: bets 4.020
AllinIgorM: is all in 12.960
YeTi1888: calls 8.940
AllinIgorM: shows [Ks Kd]
YeTi1888: shows [Jd Qh]
WinstonXS: shows [As 5h]
***SHOW DOWN***
YeTi1888 wins 25.920 with Four of a Kind Queens
***SHOW DOWN***
YeTi1888 wins 10.040 with Four of a Kind Queen

Gentlemen, I had a very strong hand, so I'm going to explain why I played it that way.
From my point of view, I call, would attract another player who played some speculative hands, and I knew I could extract as much chips from him. And the flop, came perfect, I had the crack of KK, just checked, and another Q doubled on the turn, making my full house, on the river hit another Q, then the opponent put me practically in all in with his raise, and I bet all the chips, I thought to me: he must have a pair of seas that would not overcome my hand , and to my surprise, he had the court of Q. I was in 6th at that time, missing 4 people for the awards, but it is part of the game and I'm happy because I tried to do my best.
Gentlemen, how would you play, did I do the right thing or wrong?
I'm waiting for your opinion until later.
Good luck at the tables!

Thank U 4 Posting

No need to spend too much time changing your playing tactics for this type of sick runout.

However, what you want to know is what hand did you expect your Villain to call an all-in with- considering they did not play their hand like they had AA at any point and you are blocking Kx which they often bet on the turn?

If you are raising and only a Q is calling you than you should never be raising is my point.
If more hands call than this was standard.

Hope this helps
:):)

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I think that you played this hand correctly. If I good see hero slow play pocket KK pre flop to trap. With pocket KK trap is a more risky move than pocket AA. I play slow play sometimes pre flop with pocket AA, but with pocket KK I don't slow play, because what we should do if on the flop or later will come one ace? With one ace on the board we will have some problems with pocket KK. I understand why you played this pocket KK, it makes a sense. I think that on the flop like this when we hit a top set we can slow play, I don't expect in opponent's range some suited connector cards, so we shouldn't afraid a flush draw, check on the flop looks good. I think that whole hand is a cooler and you can nothing to do, no matter what you do on the turn and on the river you probably lose this hand, because you can't escape with this full house. So it is cooler situation. GL :)

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you played very well i would do not so different so I just wanna say that bad beats happens and be able to receive them and don't let them change your play your humor is the key point.

this week I needed 2 kings on turn and river to win the hand and guess what their just appear it was something like 0.5% chance and there was I.

B

bonart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had some pretty sick bad beats lately.
Had some pretty sick winning hands too.

Some win some lose.

Played well there imho.

Someone with AQ and has 3 Queens on the turn will never go away even if you went all in before the river.

Well done getting on the final table.

Better luck on all your tables mate.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunate...you got, literally, the worst beat in Hold'em post flop. Your opponent needed 2 exact cards on turn and river, and got them. The odds of that are almost one thousand to one against.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you played your hand well and get extremely unlucky on the turn and river. your odds of winning the hand were more than 99% post flop, so there is nothing to regret about the way you played.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hand history format is terrible, so maybe you can use the free hand converter next time? Anyways on to the hand:

Preflop
Someone went all in for around 5BB, and I am ok just calling with KK, since you want someone behind to come over the top, and even if they just call, its a low SPR pot, and KK should be very easy to play.

Flop
You flopped top set, and I am not a fan of slowplaying by checking back. Yes you block top pair, but there are a low of draws, he can call you with, or he can call with a Q or even worse. You can use sizing to your advantage by giving him a price, he wont be able to resist. If he has absolutely nothing, he might still fold, but you would be unlikely to get much value from in anyway. The fact, that someone is already all in, discourage bluffing, so its not like, he is going to bluff into a dry side pot on the turn. He is just going to check-fold his nothing.

Turn
You should have bet the flop, and then the turn would have been an easy jam. As played you should at least have bet the turn, even though you can now not lose to a straight or flush. You dont want him to fold draws, but again you can use sizing to your advantage and go a little on the smaller side.

River
I would never see the river this way, and to be honest its a bit fishy, that no action took place until the river, and then the whole thing exploded. But your hand does look very weak, so I guess, I still get it in, even though you now lose to a Q. Basically you are trying to get called by any pocket pair or even 3X, if he somehow has that.

Results
Obviously a bad beat and the only thing to take away is to get the chips in faster.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The hand history format is terrible, so maybe you can use the free hand converter next time? Anyways on to the hand:
this ^
Not knowing the stack sizes of all players (& payouts) makes it difficult to give the best advice
Preflop
Someone went all in for around 5BB, and I am ok just calling with KK, since you want someone behind to come over the top, and even if they just call, its a low SPR pot, and KK should be very easy to play.
Yes. This ^ is why I think we would flat here. But HERO states he's flatting in hopes of another player also 'calling' with a speculative hand (although he does have position).
Flop
You flopped top set, and I am not a fan of slowplaying by checking back. Yes you block top pair, but there are a low of draws, he can call you with, or he can call with a Q or even worse. You can use sizing to your advantage by giving him a price, he wont be able to resist. If he has absolutely nothing, he might still fold, but you would be unlikely to get much value from in anyway. The fact, that someone is already all in, discourage bluffing, so its not like, he is going to bluff into a dry side pot on the turn. He is just going to check-fold his nothing.
I too dislike the check.
Turn
You should have bet the flop, and then the turn would have been an easy jam. As played you should at least have bet the turn, even though you can now not lose to a straight or flush. You dont want him to fold draws, but again you can use sizing to your advantage and go a little on the smaller side.

River
I would never see the river this way, and to be honest its a bit fishy, that no action took place until the river, and then the whole thing exploded. But your hand does look very weak, so I guess, I still get it in, even though you now lose to a Q. Basically you are trying to get called by any pocket pair or even 3X, if he somehow has that.

Results
Obviously a bad beat and the only thing to take away is to get the chips in faster.

Bet flop a size to set up for a shove on the turn.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the comments, you guys were great. I'll reflect on everything that's been said here.
Good luck at the tables!

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens. It's poker!

This happened yesterday in a $10,000 online tournament (that is the entry fee, not the tournament guaranteed prize pool!)...

https://www.pokernews.com/tours/wso...020-wsop-main-event-wsop-com/chips.394251.htm

If you don't like to click links, they were on the money bubble and two players got all-in preflop, QQ versus AK. The flop was 777 which really didn't change much, the queens still had to dodge an ace or a king on the river... but when the case 7 fell on the turn, the QQ was dead.

Just a brutal way to bubble a massive money tournament... but welcome to poker. :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens. It's poker!

This happened yesterday in a $10,000 online tournament (that is the entry fee, not the tournament guaranteed prize pool!)...

https://www.pokernews.com/tours/wso...020-wsop-main-event-wsop-com/chips.394251.htm

If you don't like to click links, they were on the money bubble and two players got all-in preflop, QQ versus AK. The flop was 777 which really didn't change much, the queens still had to dodge an ace or a king on the river... but when the case 7 fell on the turn, the QQ was dead.

Just a brutal way to bubble a massive money tournament... but welcome to poker. :)

People love to get hung up on weird board runouts like this, but QQ vs. AK is just a standard "flip". The chips went in preflop, and why does it even matter, if the guy with AK wins by simply hitting an A or K or by one of the more rare outcomes like this one? He had 7 outs on the flop and just happened to hit one of them. Nothing unusual or "cruel" about that at all.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens. It's poker!

The way you said how it happened, it's normal for a QQ to lose to a pre flop AK.
But my post shows how the hand was played post flop, and in my conception, I played the hand very well. I just had the misfortune of being beaten by a q block, and the villain had one in his hand. Some say that this is not "cruel", but it is yes, it is quite atypical to happen this.
Good luck at the tables!

mandachuva

mandachuva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Incredibly

I lost with AA / AKs ... made me want to vomit I swear to God

mandachuva

mandachuva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dream tournament

It happens. It's poker!

The level is high ... I would like to play a tournament like this ... I have to study hard to get there

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would probably do the same play, maybe even raising in flop and turn too. I'm not into that idea of letting people see cards for free. But yes, you were beaten in a horrible way. I don't think you've played the wrong way tho. Just odds in favor of the villain this time.