Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Didn't know they play poker over there (so it must be the dear leader himself) ^ :unsure:

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty much cost me the tournament..

Your preflop play was fine. 98s to a MP raise from the SB at your stack size if fine. The BB is short stack (who should have jammed or folded pre) calls and you flop a flush draw with an open-ender. The check-call on the flop is good although I also choose to check-raise these spots depending on my read on the initial raiser. The BB calls for less than the raise (which again, BB should have been all in or folded pre) making the pot 159k. The turn jam was almost a pot-sized jam. You still think you have 15 outs giving you about a 33-ish% chance of improving. You are calling 147k to win a pot that will be 454k giving you about 2:1 pot odds or roughly 33% (probably just a little lower because the bet wasn't full pot). This is a call. You are getting the correct odds considering the likely range (and bet size) of HJ. If you think about it, would he shove all-in with a better draw at this point? I don't think so, this bet was made to discourage your range (which contains a ton of draws) from calling. You made the correct play, just sucks that you missed this time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Seem ok to stick in a call here with a suited connector, but folding would not be crazy either. Our range for defending SB should be way tighter than our range for defending BB, because we are getting a worse price and not closing the action. 3-bet is also an option, if we want to play our entire range as 3-bet or fold.

Flop
With a 15 our draw, we are happy to stack off on the flop, so I prefer check-raising over check-calling. But of course check-calling is far better than check-folding.

Turn
Now its closer, because you have no fold equity, and there is only one more card to come. You do have a 15 out draw though, and you are getting a little better than 2:1. So I think, it almost dont matter, what you do here. Folding is fine, and calling is also fine.

Results
Basically this is almost a bad beat story. SB had a better flushdraw and MP had top pair, which was pretty much the worst possible situation for you, and you did not improve. Time to cry and play the next tournament. But I still prefer check-raising the flop rather than calling flop and calling turn.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would have folded pre-flop. I don’t evolve myself from SB with a short stack to my left in BB unless I’m prepared to pay them off which I wouldn’t be with the HJ limping with same knowledge. Had the BB shoved like they could have, HJ snaps or comes over the top which would see you letting them go. You fold pre, the BB shoves that flop also.... A spot I personally wouldn’t involve in from the bounce.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Oh lol, I’ve just noticed all those bubbles are the table actions lol. Thought it was some sort of rail or something... Yer I’m definitely folding to the pre raise, his targeting the BB and I’d want a stronger holding to either challenge or shove over the top with (QQ, KK or AA)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
after the turn, when you saw the card, you should have discarded your cards okay you paid but you weren't worth paying anymore, you probably wanted to see your flash or straight so much but I understand that, but after the turn, you already fold on such a bet you need to do good luck in the future

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty much cost me the tournament..
Yes, you lost this one but remember that is just a statistical outcome. You got it in with the right odds (although I do think getting it in on the flop would have been better). This is a profitable play over the long haul so don't let one hand deter you.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother.
Look according to the situation at the table.
If I have a table where they are respecting me, it is a hand that even in UTG or UTG1 I open with a miniraise.
If I am in a position behind, and another player opens up to a 3 bet I always pay.
Because that's a hand that has paid off a lot in my poker life.
Look, I remember the 2nd MTT of cardschat that I entered the final table, I just entered the final table with a hand of 89s hearts.
One of our friends opened from UTG 3 BB with QQ and I was in SB with a short stack, if I remember correctly it was 9 BB of which I had to use 2.5 to call the villain's 3 bet.
The decision was .... I go all in ??? Or I play to see the flop???...So since it wasn't a monster hand I decided to see the flop. The player who was in BB was lucky that he also paid and entered the play.
And with this I'll tell you everything, the flop was 899. The UTG went allin, I called and the BB folded.
With that play, I entered the final table of the Cardschat MTT on Sundays, the one of u$s 300
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Folding in Poker