Discussion of Poker Hand #474

♠jczapper♠

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks: - caseystuart with 55 - brew14 with 9140 - RidikDR with 965 - ogallalalisa with 1000 - tirone with 880 - cruzinnova with 890 - jczapper with 15375 - yenkim with 1000 - 23"B" with 1020

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds: 50/100
Site: pokerstars
Dealt to jczapper:
6h.gif
ks.gif

Preflop:
* - brew14 calls [100] jczapper raises 100 to 200
* - brew14 calls [100]
* - Folds: 7
* - Potsize: 550
Flop:
jc.gif
6s.gif
ah.gif

* - brew14: checks jczapper bets [100]
* - brew14 raises 400 to 500 jczapper calls [400]
* - Potsize: 1550
Turn:
kd.gif

* - brew14 bets [1500] jczapper raises 13175 to 14675 [ all-in ]
* - brew14 calls [6940] [ all-in ]
* - Potsize: 24665
River:
2s.gif

Results:
* - brew14 shows two pair, Aces and Sixes:
as.gif
6d.gif

* - jczapper shows two pair, Kings and Sixes:
6h.gif
ks.gif

* - brew14 collected 18430 from pot

Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Can someone tell me if i played this to strongly or what...how should i have played this?

♠jczapper♠

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also i only played this hand because the person i lost too was the only person not sitting out. so i was playing my heads up cards.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pf, min raise is horrible. Min bet on flop is horrible, all in on turn is horrible. All in all this is just bad. I don't like anything about the way you played this hand, sorry.

♠jczapper♠

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you fold a king heads up? i realize in the end i lost but there was no way of knowing he had the paired aces over my paired kings plus our mutual 6's. if i won, it would been a huge pot for me and i woulda been a hero in my eyes.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You weren't heads up though, there was a limp from early position which indicates a stronger hand than K6 certainly and the blinds still had to act behind you. If you want to play this hand for some unknown reason, just limp. UTG will not fold to a min raise when he is getting 4.5:1 to call.

On a danger flop like that you are much much better just checking. Calling UTG means he has probably hit something, and even if he hasn't a min bet almost obliges him to call.

It seems to me you have fallen in love with this hand and have ignored what your opponent is telling you.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I certainly don't fold a King hu, in position. But I definately DO NOT min raise! If you are the only 2 players in this hand (?) then raise it up with a proper raise, then you can find out if ep limper has a hand or not. At least 4-5 x BB here. If you raise this amount and he calls a cb of 2/3rds pot will definatly tell you if your ahead or not. You can then fold and put this hand down to experience. There is not one street here that you played well. I'm sorry heads up or not you bet sizing is way off IMO.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise much more pf or don't raise at all.

check raise on flop: What does he check raise with? An underpair? overcards? doubt it. As played and with our knowledge we fold.

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm understanding correctly, you played this because the SB and BB were sitting out and their money was in dead, right? Why raise, then? You shouldn't need to raise to force them to fold. I'd just call.

I might bet this flop, but it's still a very bad flop for K6. I'd insta-fold to the raise.

Given the play, I can't fault the turn. He easily could have check-raised the flop with any ace. An argument could be made for just calling and then calling the river to get the maximum from a weak ace.

♠jczapper♠

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are the only 2 players in this hand (?)
everyone at the table except two of us were sitting out.

PokerProBetZip

PokerProBetZip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the raises should of been different but other than that, you have two pair so it was decent play.

♠jczapper♠

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also i min bet as a probe bet, 1/5 the pot is a good probe bet i thought?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
♠jczapper♠;637650 said:
Also i min bet as a probe bet, 1/5 the pot is a good probe bet i thought?

All this does is give your opponent very goods odds to call and ultimately outdraw you. Unless you have a monster hand the idea of betting is to take the pot down there and then. You have a very weak hand, your aggression ( the fact that you raise pf and on the flop) is good, but you really need to work on the size of your bets. I believe a decent raise pf would have taken the pot down. Unfortunately once he calls he's not going to lay down a decent 2pr. However a decent sized bet on the flop give you better information that a min bet. The turn puts you in a real dilemma. What hand was he calling with pf and on the flop. If it was a draw then the turn has just hit him big time and your way behind. If it wasn't a draw it's either a bigger 2 pair or a set. He could have top pair but thats wishful thinking. Your turn sized overbet is only getting called by a hand that has you beat im afraid.

As I said I like your aggression on the button, but concentrate on bet sizing and what your opponent is telling you. GL

A

Alfoldem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
irrespective of bet sizing and what you hoped to accomplish with them (thats open to debate) you gotta ask what villain is CR'ing with, HU thats exactly the sort of CR id go for.
Id have expected to be looking at 2pr here after the CR and with you only holding bottom pair you drawing v thin.
Personally im folding after the CR

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early stage of the tournament (stacks of other participants are not large). It was not at all necessary to get involved in an opponent with the second largest stack after you. Having on hand K6 you decided to play. In this case, a 2BB raise doesn’t say anything about the strength of the opponent’s hand. If 4 or even 5BB in the future you would save a lot more chips. It is not clear in what order the cards fell. I think the flop was: AK x because continuing to play with a pair of 66 for both would be silly. You are not alarmed by the opponent's check-raise after the flop and the bet is the size of the pot after the turn. It was necessary, despite two pairs, to just call and on the river after a possible all-in, to fold. Bye, good luck!

S

Super_Gleb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YOU Had to all in froom th beginning)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands