Couple of YMTC or what's your play here hands

You make the call ?

• Great play, will buy you a 2009 WSOP main event seat.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Ok, but I can play it better.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Ok, need more info, hand converter, PLEASE!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • da, rtfm, and stfu...

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I get the formatting wrong, who cares... Ask any and all ?s, feel free to berate, insult, call me names, whatever. I think there may be some good poker discussion, hand by hand like...

Local bar freeroll, I have posted about before, start with 2500, blinds 25/50, go up every 20 mins, alcohol may be involved...

Hand 1: Blinds 100/200

Button, decent stack(5k), fold, MP(6k) raise 3XBB (Decent player with LAG tendencies, maybe they 'shift gears', well aware I'm behind him, in position, we know each other somewhat), fold, on me:

[Ad 3d]

Hmmm,...Call, outplay them on the flop. Sb folds, BB calls, hmmm...

Pot: 1900

Flop:

[2d 5c Kd]

Hmmm, BB checks, MP raises pot (now 3800), hmmm... What's your play here? Still have BB to act... Have the nutFl and gutshot wheel draw, an overcard, but, can fold and still have a medium stack...

Hand 2: blinds 100/200

Button (next orbit, btw), decent stack, fold, fold, on me:

[Ks 9s]

Call (This is an easy raise, or should be a raise, but if I do that, I'm probably gonna win the blinds, so I'm limping to hopefully be able to call a raise from either blinds, or even reraise), SB calls, BB checks option:

Flop:

[Kh Ts 8s]

Check, Check, hmmm, what's your play here? The pot is only 600, and I hit this pretty hard, so blowing them off the hand, would accomplish about the same as preflop raise to win the blinds.

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1: Depends on the player. If you think a shove has a good chance of getting him off the hand then go ahead and do that, with your draws as backup if he calls. If you think you'll get called then fold - you're behind and don't need to go broke here.

Hand 2: Bet 400. Nothing wrong with just winning the blinds.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(1) Push. even if he has a set or 2 pair you aren't that far behind with 9 diamonds and 3 4's for 12 clean outs, + 3 aces if he's got top pair. With 20 min blinds in a live game that could literally mean 5 or 6 hands until the blinds go up again. I played in a live MTT once where the table all thought they were at the wsop and I was seeing 1 hand per 5min, and the blind levels went up every 30min.

(2) Raise PF, bet the flop. Winning the blinds is fine with a mediocre hand.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[Ks 9s]

Call (This is an easy raise, or should be a raise, but if I do that, I'm probably gonna win the blinds, so I'm limping to hopefully be able to call a raise from either blinds, or even reraise), SB calls, BB checks option:
Wtf, stop smoking crack and just raise preflop.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wtf, stop smoking crack and just raise preflop.

Ahh, you got me, but I'll post those results later.

Hand 1: I should add that MP has a tendency to attack blinds when they are weak players, so I could discount their preflop raise, somewhat... Anyway, that bet stunk like buying the pot to me. That flop is perty darn good for me so I shoved (thinking that would end the hand), the BB folded, and MP thought about it and called showing:

[Kh 2s]

Doh! So, he was on a preflop steal play, and I need some help. Who friggin standard raises with K2o in MP? Guess they do??? The flop bet wasn't a steal, was a 'defend my hand from draws, maybe?' Regardless, the Turn:

[6d]

Makes me the nutFL and a slightly better redraw to the strFL, but I still need to dodge a K or 2, which I do on the River:

[Tc]

Great play? No, but my preflop read was pretty good, a fold here is ok, I'm not much a weak ace type of player, even if they are sooted. But I went with my gut, made a loose call with position. After I saw the flop, before the BB checked, 3 things were gonna happen:

MP goes allin, I actually fold here.
MP cbets, I push.
MP checks, drum roll please...don't need to worry about that, as I know MP will cbet, but if they did, I check a free card.

Discounting the BB to act, may be an issue. Playing your opponents...

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands