*Predator*: Retirarse
Flop (Mesa: Jh, 3s, 8d):
ruplaTenu: Pasar
bolcs55: Apostar 1200.00
ruplaTenu: Subir 2400.00
bolcs55: All in
ruplaTenu: Igualar 4415.00
Recuento:
bolcs55 muestra: Qc, Qd (una pareja de Reinas)
ruplaTenu muestra: Ad, Ah (una pareja de Ases)
Turn (Mesa: Jh, 3s, 8d, 10c):

River (Mesa: Jh, 3s, 8d, 10c, Js):
ruplaTenu muestra: Ad, Ah (dos parejas, Ases y Jotas)
Bote principal:
ruplaTenu gana el bote de 10930 con dos parejas, Ases y Jotas

Yeah a little spanish lesson too LOL :bandit: (subir = raise)
But I guess you can understand it.
I was around the 12/56 when it happenned, top 14 got ticket to the 300$ final - where you can win a seat into a live game, but only 1 in 30.
I think just 2 minutes before this hand an other important game finished, and I won a 400$ entry to todays (please cross your fingers 3 hours after this post :) ) final satellite again to a live game where 1 in 15 gets a seat. So I was pretty happy, and maybe that's why I didn't think it through. I thought the guy is slowplaying AJ, because he didn't raise me pre-flop. Bad play (how can you play it differently?) or just unlucky?

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still cant understand the HH, whats call? raise? blinds? what site is that?

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still cant understand the HH, whats call? raise? blinds? what site is that?
Come on! Use your logic! I don't know Spanish but I figured it out.

Retirarse = Fold (retire)
Igualar = Call
Subir = Raise (she said already)
ciega grande = BB
ciega pequeńa = SB
Pasar = Check (pass)
Apostar = Bet (post)

As far as the play: I think the flop is just a 50/50 guess. When he raises your bet, I might have hit the brakes and thought "set of Jacks". In online play, people wouldn't necessarily reraise you PF with JJ. On the other hand, the flop re-raise could have also been a try to push you off a continuation bet with nothing.

The type of player I am, I would have just called the re-raise and tried to hit a set of Queens on the turn. But that's just me.

(Next time, cut it off at the pivotal action and let people give their opinion. Then reveal the results later. Anyone can 2nd-guess a hand when they know the result.)

Last edited:
F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think anyone is throwing Q's away on this non scary board. Yes, the reraise may have given you pause but how many AJ's do you see flipped over here when you aren't invovled in the hand?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have to agree with Freak. I know I probably would have played it the same, Anna. Good luck in your game today!!

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mala suerte. Si no habias subido all-in en el flop, todos tus chipes hubieron en la caja en el turn o river. Muy dificil retirarse de esta mano....... :bandit::bandit::bandit:

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mala suerte. Si no habias subido all-in en el flop, todos tus chipes hubieron en la caja en el turn o river. Muy dificil retirarse de esta mano....... :bandit::bandit::bandit:
Translated with BabelFish:

"Bad luck. If not habias raised all-in in flop, all your chips had in the box in turn or to river. Very dificil to retire of this hand......."

I looked in the Rules & FAQ and I guess it's OK to post in another language. I'll just have to run it through translation, however inaccurate it may be.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hehe I guess it doesn't translate it properly if you miss out the accents (which I don't have on my keyboard). Ya get the idea though.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Справедливое плохое везение, more often than not вы были бы вверх против гнезда туза.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Справедливое плохое везение, more often than not вы были бы вверх против гнезда туза.
Babelfish translation:
"Valid poor luck, more often than not you would be upward against the nest of ace."
Sounds vaguely Confucian.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always worry about the nest of ace.

bolcs5

bolcs5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tilted

Thanks guy, I wanted to hear these :) .
It's the spanish sportingbet (BOSS network) site by the way.
My "big game" was just too much for me.
400$ buy in (I won a seat by a 40$ satellite), and I feel I played super-tight, I mean too tight. It worked anyways, but then baaad luck you would say. I had 3 very important all ins, where I had to push pre-flop, because the blinds very so high. First AK (mine) vs A10 river 10. Then I became very ss, but I doubled, than I got a KK, and after thinking a while I called an all in, where I beated AQs. But with only 20 left other "bad beat came" blinds 500/1000, I had like 10.000, I was the BB, the guy pushed all in with 4000 and A8. I had 10-10, called guess what the river was, yepp ace. 6 f.ing % after the four cards came down. I felt bad, really bad. It was my big oppurtinity, top 5 got an 5700$ package, and the 6-15 place paid 500$ each. But I couldn't take that any longer, I went all in with KQ suited from UTG with 6K (I know don't say how bad play was that - I felt pissed off), and the guy had AK, so that was it. Maybe if I throw that away I could make 500$. But those rivers made me mad.
Next time. Maybe.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
blinds 500/1000
I went all in with KQ suited from UTG with 6K (I know don't say how bad play was that - I felt pissed off)
You have to push here with any half-decent hand given your stack, or get gobbled up by the blinds, so don't feel too bad about it. Harrington on Hold'em pretty much recommends going all-in with random cards.

Sounds like you did really well anyway to get to 20th. How many in the tournament?

bolcs5

bolcs5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
88 players...
I know it wasn't that bad move, but a guy with the same ammount of chips just by being patient could get into the top 15.
(Yeah, but I was there to win lol :) )