Could I have played this better, or folded?

M

mmay1119

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly was not too upset with this hand. I still made payout, 4th/29.

I was sitting 2nd stack, and get dealt KQ of diamond.
Everyone fold, big stack calls my 3x for the flop.

Flop comes 2dia 10dia Khearts

I raise approx 60% of pot, big stack raises all in, i snap called.

He is sitting K T. Ended up taking me out of the tourny a little earlier than I would of liked.

Still not really upset with the way the night went, I still won some money.

Was wondering if anyone would have played this hand differently, or if there was any chance of a fold?

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just had no luck. Of course, you have to consider the possibility that the chip leader has a set (22 + 2 or 1010 + 10) or even AK, but you have good cards on the flop and the opportunity to get a flush on the later streets. I see no reason here to throw away your KK and chances for a flash.

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can check flop and fold for action or call small bet. Better to save your stack, than out.

S

Soulguard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You cant fold there u cant check that monster hand on the flop u will raise ofc even on the chip leader .. u will be fine there almost every time even if behind u have the flash draw, I think ur raise only on the flop should be lower around 25-35% because u dont want to scare of ur opponents on that kind of flops, only scary card on turn will be 3aces no diamonds and still u will have many outs if they come to redraw to flush or straight, and when he shoves u will call every time even if he is tight

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would call. Top pair and a flush draw is a good place to be. I would have called also.

Folding in Poker