perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't believe in slowplay! I would have raised preflop. Then bet pot after flop. If the V is a good player he folds if not you lose your stack most likely!

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
It depends on your style. I like to play aggressive post-flop by expanding the pot with small bets ... in the turn maybe looking to bet to avoid projects being made in the river to the rival ... but well, unfortunate hand anyway. nothing weird

SlyVII

SlyVII

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, since I would've had position there, I would not mind a donk-bet to lead since they would likely call regardless. A nice large bet on the turn would deter most players.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The answer is yes.

First, the call pre-flop is okay but you could probably put in a raise. Calling with a weak suited ace is not a good strategy.

Once you did call, you are in a three-handed pot and flopped a flush. Great! Check on the flop is standard if you are concealing your holdings. Usually this will get you value on the next two streets instead of folding scared hands. But the risk is that it blows up in your face once in a while.

Turn - pot sized bet suggests one of the other players hit something substantial here. You still have the nuts but now two pairs and sets become worrying. I am okay with a call here, but you still have the stronger hand and so you could raise here and likely get it all in when re-raised.

You got to the river cheaply and it is a bad one for you. Any sets have upgraded to a full house. Most two pairs are now full house. I think this is a call or fold scenario. I would be leaning towards a fold being exploitative for this kind of river. There aren't enough draws that are behind you at this point to justify raising.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
A5s is a nice hand to 3-bet as a bluff, and if you are playing on a higher level, you need to ask yourself, what are your bluffing hands if not this one? And the answer is probably none, which is an issue against good players. But probably not in a freerool, so I am ok with this just call.

Flop
You flopped the nuts, nice. It is not an easy spot to get stacks inside though, because you block the nut flushdraw, and unless someone specifically flopped a set or a worse flush, they are probably not going to stack off for 150BB on a monotone board. With all that being said checking the flop is fine, as long as the intention is to check-raise.

Turn
It got checked though, which is a bit of a bummer. I would lead out now, since few hands will be strong enough to bet and then call a check-raise. Its pretty much only 66 and slowplayed flopped sets, which you could target with a check-raise. Someone did bet though, and as played this is a now mandatory check-raise.

River
Board paired with top card, which mean, that your hand got relatively worse, yet now you went on the offensive with a donk bet. This is pretty bad to be honest with you. The offensive should have come on the turn, when you still had the nuts. Now your hand is just a check-call. But you did make the donk bet, and now he raise, which is pretty gross. He is representing a full house, but I dont blame you for calling with the nut flush. At least you did not 3-bet, which would have been really bad.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Fundiver about the turn.

As a general rule of thumb, you should be betting the turn when you have a strong hand and the flop is checked. Then when your opponent bets full pot, this looks strong because of the sizing. Check-raising will often get action plus he might think you're weak because that line won't rep all that much.

Besides the turn though, you play the hand well and nice work losing the minimum at the river!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will play preflop and postfop in the same way as you. even if a bet against 2 opponents on the flop is more recommended. but on the river. when I see a full house possibility. I avoid raising and just call.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also dont forget to put a tag or note on this Villain for showing up with Q6 offsuit. This is obviously a very loose player, and I am excited to play the next hand with him :)

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again, not trying to be over critical but I believe you wouldn't even be posting this hand asking questions had you won it...

That being said - I like the flat preflop. Great to go to a flop multi way with a hand that can make the nuts and what do ya know...we flop it!!

I like the flop check setting up for a check/raise. Checks through and that's unfortunate. I do NOT like the check on the turn, we need to start building a pot and getting value for our flush - we dont want to check to try and be trappy and let it check through again.

As played, I would raise the turn. I understand flatting to keep the other opponent in the hand as well, but they have shown 0 interest in this pot so I'm not worried about if they fold - I want to get value from Qx with a heart, Tx who feels safe to bet, and all other pair and 1 heart combos they could have.

When the river comes a 2nd Q I am never folding, if our opponent has a full house good for for them, but we are good here alot. I like that you didnt rejam your flush on the river - saved chips there knowing you are only getting called by better.

Anyhow, in summary - preflop is good, flop is good, unfortunately it checks through - start betting turn for value, we dont want turns to check through - river is a cooler, cant fold. Is what it is.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The answer is yes.

First, the call pre-flop is okay but you could probably put in a raise. Calling with a weak suited ace is not a good strategy.
Turn - pot sized bet suggests one of the other players hit something substantial here. You still have the nuts but now two pairs and sets become worrying. I am okay with a call here, but you still have the stronger hand and so you could raise here and likely get it all in when re-raised.

You got to the river cheaply and it is a bad one for you. Any sets have upgraded to a full house. Most two pairs are now full house. I think this is a call or fold scenario. I would be leaning towards a fold being exploitative for this kind of river. There aren't enough draws that are behind you at this point to justify raising.

Preflop
A5s is a nice hand to 3-bet as a bluff, and if you are playing on a higher level, you need to ask yourself, what are your bluffing hands if not this one? And the answer is probably none, which is an issue against good players. But probably not in a freerool, so I am ok with this just call.

Flop
You flopped the nuts, nice. It is not an easy spot to get stacks inside though, because you block the nut flushdraw, and unless someone specifically flopped a set or a worse flush, they are probably not going to stack off for 150BB on a monotone board. With all that being said checking the flop is fine, as long as the intention is to check-raise.

Turn
It got checked though, which is a bit of a bummer. I would lead out now, since few hands will be strong enough to bet and then call a check-raise. Its pretty much only 66 and slowplayed flopped sets, which you could target with a check-raise. Someone did bet though, and as played this is a now mandatory check-raise.

River
Board paired with top card, which mean, that your hand got relatively worse, yet now you went on the offensive with a donk bet. This is pretty bad to be honest with you. The offensive should have come on the turn, when you still had the nuts. Now your hand is just a check-call. But you did make the donk bet, and now he raise, which is pretty gross. He is representing a full house, but I dont blame you for calling with the nut flush. At least you did not 3-bet, which would have been really bad.

I agree with Fundiver about the turn.

As a general rule of thumb, you should be betting the turn when you have a strong hand and the flop is checked. Then when your opponent bets full pot, this looks strong because of the sizing. Check-raising will often get action plus he might think you're weak because that line won't rep all that much.

Besides the turn though, you play the hand well and nice work losing the minimum at the river!

Again, not trying to be over critical but I believe you wouldn't even be posting this hand asking questions had you won it...

That being said - I like the flat preflop. Great to go to a flop multi way with a hand that can make the nuts and what do ya know...we flop it!!

I like the flop check setting up for a check/raise. Checks through and that's unfortunate. I do NOT like the check on the turn, we need to start building a pot and getting value for our flush - we dont want to check to try and be trappy and let it check through again.

As played, I would raise the turn. I understand flatting to keep the other opponent in the hand as well, but they have shown 0 interest in this pot so I'm not worried about if they fold - I want to get value from Qx with a heart, Tx who feels safe to bet, and all other pair and 1 heart combos they could have.

When the river comes a 2nd Q I am never folding, if our opponent has a full house good for for them, but we are good here alot. I like that you didnt rejam your flush on the river - saved chips there knowing you are only getting called by better.

Anyhow, in summary - preflop is good, flop is good, unfortunately it checks through - start betting turn for value, we dont want turns to check through - river is a cooler, cant fold. Is what it is.

Thanks all for good analisys of hand, now I try to summary its.

Preflop - mistake.
It is very beginning of tournament and very small blinds, so call on button with Q6 nonsuited by Villain#6 is not mistake on my mind.
I'm not reraise with A5s cause I thought villains could provoke me to reraise and continue with all-in in that case. But if they hands were not very good, they could have fold its.
Anyway I would have lost less. But if V#6 call me again and again on flop and turn I could lose all my stack on river finally.

Flop - 50/50 mistake
I flopped the best hand and as I must move 1st, I didn't want to scare villains and plan to check-raise. But on the other hand if I did pot bet or less, they could take my bet as a bluff or a half bluff with draw or pair. V#5 definitely wouldn't call, but V#6 would have call with pair of Q exactly. If I did higher bet like 2 pot or more I think V#6 would have call me. Even if I did shove he would have call me on 70% I suggest.

Turn - no mistake
I'm still wait bluff bet from villains so check again. V#6 get 2nd pair and bet pot. I'm still ahead him and hope to win all stack, cause showing uncertainty and call only. If I raised his bet or even shove he would call me definitely.

River - no mistake
2nd Q on board tell me about V#6 FH possibility and I just bet - not shove. He raised and I just call - he may done this with set or weakest flush. But I saw FH:mad:

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The answer is yes.

Once you did call, you are in a three-handed pot and flopped a flush. Great! Check on the flop is standard if you are concealing your holdings. Usually this will get you value on the next two streets instead of folding scared hands. But the risk is that it blows up in your face once in a while.

Pre can go both ways, calling at some frequency is fine, but it's certainly a great hand to squeeze with. Agree on the flop, checking to PFA is fine, donkbetting at some frequency probably too since it is 3 way.

Think turn is a pretty mandatory lead, but as played I'd x/r rather than x/c. I suppose your average Villain in the FRC isn't too weighted towards bluffs here (especially with us blocking Ah draws), and overly sticky with his value hands.

On the river I'd rather check to V to give him an opportunity to continue with his occasional bluff or to take him to value town on his Qx, 98s etc.

B

bealpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your squeezing range from the bb here? If youre not bluff squeezing A5s pre flop you dont exactly have a bluff squeezing range as A5s is the best hand to do so with, meaning you are very exploitable in this spot and your range is very value heavy when you bluff squeeze from bb.

You need to implement a bluff squeezing range to polarize yourself when you do squeeze and hands like A5s should be raised here as a squeeze:))

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your squeezing range from the bb here? If youre not bluff squeezing A5s pre flop you dont exactly have a bluff squeezing range as A5s is the best hand to do so with, meaning you are very exploitable in this spot and your range is very value heavy when you bluff squeeze from bb.

You need to implement a bluff squeezing range to polarize yourself when you do squeeze and hands like A5s should be raised here as a squeeze:))

What value must had squeeze to be effective in case I played - very beginning of tournament and very low blinds ?

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did a nice slowplay, but after river you could bet all in and not call the 100 chips.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very beginning of tournament and very small blinds, so call on button with Q6 nonsuited by Villain#6 is not mistake on my mind.

Just because stacks are deep, does not mean, it is profitable to play trash hands like Q6 offsuit in any other situation than heads up. A lot of people try this in cash games, and they all end up losing.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just because stacks are deep, does not mean, it is profitable to play trash hands like Q6 offsuit in any other situation than heads up. A lot of people try this in cash games, and they all end up losing.

Of cause they need very big luck to win with trash hands, but if they hit in nuts on board its very profitable. Doyle Brunson best hand was T2:cool:
PS Try to find icon with Brunsons cowboy hat but can't

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of cause they need very big luck to win with trash hands, but if they hit in nuts on board its very profitable. Doyle Brunson best hand was T2:cool:

Doyle won a tournament with T2, which mean, it was heads up. And yes heads up you need to play nearly everything, especially if there is a large ante. I dont think, Doyle Brunson was playing T2 in ring games, before he won said tournament. Maybe he has done it since, but that has only been for fun and maybe for the camera, because it was now "Doyles hand".

And yes of course you can win a big pot, if you make a full house, which any hand will a small percentage of the time. But poker is about long term averages, and the play by Villain in this hand is clearly a long term losing one.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I will slow play too, but on the Turn I will Go All In! is the only way to be on the safe side. :deal:

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will slow play too, but on the Turn I will Go All In! is the only way to be on the safe side. :deal:

As I said above I thought when villain bet pot on turn that he definitely call my shove if I reraise all-in. So on river I would be beaten.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I could see it both ways here. Against somewhat decent opponents yes it's a good squeezing hand. But with the frequency at which you are going to get looked up in the early levels of the FRC there's definitely an argument to be made for just flatting hands like this. Exploitatively (against the general population), we don't need a polarized bluffing range at all here and can instead do it with a more merged range that's weighted towards value.

So as a default it's an excellent squeezing spot. However given that they are overly sticky there's nothing wrong going for a value heavy preflop strat here.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

The preflop call is fine here but you must be ready to abandon your holding against aggression if you hit top pair. 3bet is a good option too which many times will end the hand right there.
Checking the flop is standard, passing the initiative to the preflop opener.
The only thing that I would have made different is bet on the turn 75-100% the pot size.
Not that it would have changed anything though. It's destined to lose here.

Btw, your villain's call with Q6o preflop it's horrible. Don't do that, you won't last for long because if you call that then you have to call more trash like that and at the end you decrease your odds to win that way.